Tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
You've done us all proud, and stuck your head above the parapet for the good of us all. You have my utmost respect.

And good on the police for the help you're getting for investigating the goings-on.

I reckon you'll probably get a lot more support now from serious, level-headed motorists than abuse from the usual idiots. Everyone could see you're just a normal bloke cycling to work and not this mad, ranting, panting, vigilante figure frothing at the mouth and screaming at errant motorists ;)

Enjoy your wine, ya big non-Jessie !

I just want to add that I thought the 'vigilante' tag was totally unjustified and unfair

Archie

Errrr.....
One positive aspect of the publicity is curious users will view the videos, see the idiotic comments from the hate campaign and hopefully weigh in with their own comments. May restore some balance to the "debate".

I don't envy your position for sure, but well done on putting a good front on. Be a VERY good boy now, as plenty people will be watching for a wrong move.

catwoman

You are braver than I am. When I had a much publicised exchange (of words) with Boris Johnson a few years back I came home one day to find a journalist on my doorstep wanting to interview me. I politely refused to comment as I had an instinctive mistust of him. Besides which, for my 15 minutes of fame I don't want to be associated with Bozza!
Well done for putting your point across so well and good luck to you. ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'll join you in a few glasses - brave man you are, but came over as a totally reasonable person..didn't spot the wonky helmet, glad you took the helmet off for the interviewed bit...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
gambatte said:

They are bang to rights with it though - I work at one end of the 42 bus route - into and out of Manchester to Parrs Wood / Stockport. Only Stagecoach run a bus to Stockport because they have to.

My wife and kids met me a week or so back for lunch in Didsbury - nice affluent area, but the number of buses... OMG..... the kids were going bonkers... ohh another Magic Bus.... and another, and another, and another.... every couple of seconds....madness..... they often run fairly empty out of the student traveling times...

If young kids can spot the madness, why can't the rest of us.......

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
Has anyone got a copy of the video off the net or can someone tell me some software that can do it?

I see one of your 'fans' has posted it up as a 'Video Reply' on one of your postings.

I recorded it on my DVR - if you need it, I can probably get it off onto the antique laptop and transfer it to my PC to convert into a viewable format.

mootaineer

Hey Magnatom,

Well done & nice interview!
I would get a helmet cam if a nice enough one came out but I want better quality than the current wire-free cams and I also want to go wireless...
I also want to use it snowboarding...
Fussy aren't I? ;)

Are Glasgow drivers more aggressive? xx(
I do see stupidity and careless driving quite a lot in London.
I don't know whether it's because I'm not the "angry cyclist" I used to be or because I just expect the worst but it doesn't get under my skin much anymore. (Well I try to be calm - not always successful).

Tetedelacourse

Magnatom. I have mixed feelings about all this. I can't say well done to you because of the situation you have ultimately put yourself in. As you might recall, I'm of a similar age and home situation as you, and to be honest if I were receiving the sort of publicity that you have, I don't know that I'd be too comfortable about it.

I also can't say that I'm all that surprised that some people have reacted in the way they have, given that you continually, as I think Crackle pointed out, "put your head above the parapet", regardless of how noble your reasons for doing so may be.

I see a lot of congratulatory responses from folk here and I simply can't join in. I guess I'm a worrier and I consider you to be more than just a fellow forummer. I've known you since C+ and I hope to God that nothing untoward happens as a result of you taking a stance and NOT turning the other cheek.

Och maybe I'm reading more into it all than I should but it certainly makes you check yourself about what information you post on tinterweb.

I thought you did come across well in the interview, but it only became news because of the wrong reasons. How does this sit with the piece that's supposed to go out on the beeb? Is that tomorrow? Anyway, take care mate.

Top Bottom