Tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rolo

I've reported all of your videos that feature the faces of people as they are breaking the data protection act 1998.

Hopefully they will be gone within a few days.

wafflycat

sniff... sniff... ah yes, the instantly recognisable smell of liquid bovine bowel movements..

PrettyboyTim

mootaineer said:
Hey Magnatom,
Are Glasgow drivers more aggressive? ;)
I do see stupidity and careless driving quite a lot in London.
I don't know whether it's because I'm not the "angry cyclist" I used to be or because I just expect the worst but it doesn't get under my skin much anymore. (Well I try to be calm - not always successful).

I was thinking about that - perhaps the difference is that in much of London it's pretty hard to get over 25mph so less people are inclined to overtake at speed.

I've only ever had a very close shave by someone going fast. They must have been going at least 40 in a 30 zone, but now that road have a 20mph limit and speed bumps.

Rolo said:

Yes very good: You've read the words but failed to interpret them. I think you'll find that doesn't apply to individuals but corporations/companies.

Whether you get the videos removed from Youtube is an entirely different matter as that has more to do with policies that they have in place than the legality of the videos.

Now whether you could make a legal challenge to set a new precedent for individuals using cameras in certain circumstances is another matter and not one I could tell you a lot about but right now your interpretation of the act is plain 'wrong'.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Crackle said:
Yes very good: You've read the words but failed to interpret them. I think you'll find that doesn't apply to individuals but corporations/companies.

Yep, I was going to point that out to him on Bloodbus, but they've temporarily suspended membership. If Rolo had searched a bit more than his 1st google hit, he'd have found this had been questioned on this forum, others and on the camera retailers websites.

bianco

I love that couple in the car opposing the borg.

Not on the dole at all!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Rolo said:
I've reported all of your videos that feature the faces of people as they are breaking the data protection act 1998.

Hopefully they will be gone within a few days.

In which case I hope you reported every other video on YouTube too that has faces of people in.... .............. No? now why doesn't that suprise me. Does that not strike you as unfair Rolo?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Hopefully the increasing number of cyclists with cameras will start a trend to both increase general driver awareness and get those who don't deserve the title of 'Professional driver' scurrying from one employer to the next, till theres nowhere left to go.

The techs only getting smaller and cheaper, you know it'll happen. I keep saying I'm waiting for the ATC to hit less than 50 quid. Reckon I'll be cycling cammed up before the year is out.

spindrift

Good work magnatom, i feel a bit embarrassed that I posted "lame" after your pedestrian interaction.

This is all positive, the squeels from the liars and illiterate psychopaths on Bloodbus is evidence this campaign is working.

"Vigilante" is entirely the wrong word, are CCTVs in banks "vigilantes"?

Only idiot drivers have anything to fear from being monitored, that's why rolo's whining and snivelling like the gutless freak he is.

spindrift

To Strathclyde Cruisers, cc Strathcylde police:

Dear Sir and madam.

Apologies for the scatter-gun approach to contacting you, the "Contact Us" link doesn't seem to work.

STV did a feature on magnatom,. a cyclist who films errant driver behaviour. Your forum discusses the case, and a number of worrying posts have been allowed on the forum.

Calling this gentleman a "self-gratification artist" and a "virgin" probably says more about your forum members than magnatom, but may i ask if you are going to leave the posts on your site that describe where this gentleman works and his appearance? threats to attack him and destroy his camera?

The link's here:

http://www.strathycruise.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=90033

For instance:

its ***** like him that make me wish i still had my fiesta.

rule no 1 of the road, don't wee-wee of a guy driving a £50 car

This guy is a chugger.

Someone run him over.

In fact, find out where I can find him and I'll do better.

End quote.

Of course your forum has the right to allow criticism, i wonder if you could clarify whether the death threats posted on Strathclyde Cruisers are part of an official policy or whether you will take action to remove these dangerous threats?

Best regards

Top Bottom