Too early for fingerless?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Not commuted in a few weeks, but at that point my big warm gloves were baking my hands and soaking when I removed them.

Time for a more appropriate pair ...

When does 'fingerless summer cycling fun' begin? Is it long fingered wind proof gloves until May or could I go fingerless now.

Want to avoid buying 2 pairs!

andyfraser

Über Member
I'm still wearing long finger gloves. It's still a bit cold in the mornings. I did go out without gloves on Sunday though. I'm hoping it won't be much longer until the fingerless gloves come out.

young Ed

Veteran
not sure yet, i only own one pair of cycling glove and they are full finger. some days my hands are chilly even with the gloves on and some days they are sweating bare handed!
Cheers Ed

Glow worm

Legendary Member
My 40 degree rule seems to work a treat. I only seem to need gloves if the temperature drops below 40 degrees F (around 4c for you young peeps). Anything above 40 and my hands just boil in gloves.

vickster

Legendary Member
Surely it depends on the individual? I hate cold hands, I have a number of pairs of gloves. However, Decathlon winter ones were way too warm on Sunday, Specialized BG Ridge were a bit cold though!

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Might go through to Decathlon again. You can never tell though until you are 5-10 miles into the commute and they turn boil in the bag!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I hate cold hands so usually carry multiple pairs. I noticed I need a bag sort out today where I pulled out 5 gloves before I ended up with a left and a right.... Even then one was blue and the other black!

Then each journey I decide whether I'm wearing none, a light pair, the heavy pair or even both. We are passed the both territory, and now I use either in the morning and either the lighter pair or none on the homeward journey.

400bhp

Guru
Its still pretty cold at 7am when I start. Zero deg tomorrow.

As mentioned above it depends a lot on yourself. I get away with planet x flanders style gloves. Good for me between zero and 10 deg. My hands start off a little cold at zero but they soon warm up.

U

User33236

I'm flip-flopping between winter and lighter (still full finger) gloves each day depending on weather. Mrs SG is still wearing winter and, on occasion, liners. Everyone to their own.

andyfraser

Über Member
I keep things simple. I have a thick pair from Planet X for really cold weather. I have two pairs of long finger gloves for cool weather then two pairs of fingerless or no gloves for the rest of the year. At least one pair of the three types will suit the current weather.

Top Bottom