too hot to handle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Am I the only one currently languishing indoors wondering it's better to wait a bit before heading out.
This heats giving me issues.

I don't like the heat either, but I usually ride out early, so it is cooler, though not necessarily cool. It was very muggy here in Worcestershire even at 6:15.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, let's hope it is true.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What a load of big girls blouses. :sun:You should try living down when it’s hot, although there is always a breeze coming off the coast. Cool and thundery season at the moment though so quite comfortable.

C R

Guru
What a load of big girls blouses. :sun:You should try living down when it’s hot, although there is always a breeze coming off the coast. Cool and thundery season at the moment though so quite comfortable.

I have family in Florida, I visited once, in September, because it was supposed to be cooler. The weather was unbearable. I haven't been back despite many invites.

RMR

Been for a ride this morning, managed 22 mls before it got too much. Got home absolutely wet through, now in the pub which is much more pleasant

a.twiddler

Veteran
I lived for several years in the tropics when I was a young boy, and you just adapt to it I suppose at that age. I lived in the tropics again between the ages of 11 and 12 and I can remember dreaming about cool frosty mornings, and the delights of becoming cold outdoors and coming indoors to a warm fire. It used to be stated that you could acclimatise to hot climates in about six weeks which is not something you get the chance to do during a short hot spell in northern latitudes. Again, some people can tolerate cold, others relish the heat. I'm inclined to the first category myself.

Mike_P

Guru
Never got on with hot days. On those I have gone out on a road bike ride I have tended to make it a short ride with a water bottle that is still pleasant to drink from.

Reactions: C R
Heat??? This was taken on Friday - it's Bass Rock off North Berwick, honestly lol. The opposite was trying to climb the Croix de Fer in 39 degree heat, I had to give up about three quarters of the way up as I couldn't see for sweat running into my eyes. Every time I look down, it was like a waterfall!
375693276_3170132189949306_5272421978707346658_n.jpg

Top Bottom