too hot to handle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I used to be happy in the heat, no such thing as too hot!
But now just can’t cope.
Stayed indoors yesterday as far too hot.
Loitered a bit too long beside the Freezer in Asda yesterday 😉

The gap between too hot and too cold is getting smaller and smaller!

I'm only comfortable now between 17 and 22 degrees Celsius :laugh:

What happens when too hot meets too cold?

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I was in the loft yesterday, seriously. 2x 15 mins. Got it out my system. Showered afterwards. DIY in the garden all afternoon. Plenty of sun cream, hat and iced water. Tired myself out so got to sleep easily despite bedroom 26 degrees. Good productive day.

Last edited:

C R

Guru
It's glorious! Enjoy it. It'll be freezing, windy and rainy soon.

Can't wait, you can keep the wind, though.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
No problem with the heat at all. I was out Thursday in the same area & conditions as the pros (Tour of Britain, Suffolk stage) for a 50 miler, Friday for a slow ride just to get some air flow as there was no wind at all and another 38 miles mid afternoon yesterday (although I did empty a 500ml bottle of squash within 35 miles). Just keep moving as much as possible and keep drinking.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
1862987cd06b2efeedbbe7c93348d0cb.jpg

Alex321

Veteran
I'm not all that bothered by the heat when I'm riding.

Last year, the first 50 mile ride I did, which included the climb of the Bwlch, was a day when the temperature was 32C. Ok, I went through about 8 litres of water, but I neer really felt the heat was a major issue.

Today it was high 20's as I climbed Caerphilly mountain to go and watch the Tour of Britain (I climbed up the way they went down, but that is still a decent cat 3 on Strava), and it rally didn't bother me very much.

I'm also not as bothered as most people are by cold - I don't start putting arm warmers on until the temperature is down to about 10C, and the leg warmers don't come out until about 6ish, which is also about when I switch to the long sleeved jersey rather than just arm warmers..

Top Bottom