Tool bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
At the risk of sounding smug, I had a series of assignments last year in which I flew business class all over the world. They give out wonderful amenities kits in business class, especially on Emirates and Qantas. They make very stylish kit bags in which to keep one's road emergency tools and spares.
I made one of those Qantas zipped pouches into an inside pocket on a jacket for my mobile phone ( as the jacket did`nt have one). Cyclists are not tight, we just recycle more !

At the risk of sounding smug, I had a series of assignments last year in which I flew business class all over the world. They give out wonderful amenities kits in business class, especially on Emirates and Qantas. They make very stylish kit bags in which to keep one's road emergency tools and spares.
The friends who we house/dog sit for fly all over the place, usually 1st or business class, and gave us some of these. Very handy!

A mate of mine used to work in the airline industry and I still use the 1st class goodies bag he gave me.

OP
OP
wyre forest blues

wyre forest blues

Über Member
Artist's brush roll. The drivers, bits, sockets, tyre levers and cable ties go through the strap holes intended to hold the brushes. Bigger things (quick links, chain tool and quick patches IIRC) go in the pouches along the bottom.
That sounds like just the thing I'm looking for.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
* actually I bought a 2nd one that is just for the Campagnolo equipped 653 ex TT bike, that has no hex bolts anywhere and has it's own set of allen keys that are only used on that bike.

Are you that concerned about the risk of cross-contamination if you were to use the same Allen keys that had previously been used on Shimano parts? :laugh:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Are you that concerned about the risk of cross-contamination if you were to use the same Allen keys that had previously been used on Shimano parts? :laugh:
No it's cos I still 'wince' at the cost of the Campagnolo components I fitted and don't want to round off any of the allen bolts. :angel:

The other thing is that bike was only used for high speed 'blasts' and I didn't want to faff about taking bits out of the toolkit that I take out with other bikes (no need for spanners/screwdrivers) so the kit in it's own little box fits into a tiny saddlepack along with a spare tube.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
I use an old zip pouch that came with a blood glucose meter. Keeps everything neat and tidy and easy to swap between saddle bags.

355EA0C3-CF2F-4A44-B3B1-7DC58056A685.jpeg
1B3049E0-7802-4A95-A9E0-CE8E508F10AB.jpeg

Top Bottom