Tool Kit Dump Photo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Photo of your normal carry toolkit.

Mine has too much stuff, the big allen key to tighten the folding frame hinge, the CoolTool with adjustable spanner to remove solid axle bolts from hub gear, and the mini leatherman for pliers, blade and metal file.

Highlight any special or unusual items shown.
Toolkit Dump.jpg

12boy

Guru
I just posted these pics in the classic and vintage, but here they are again. This is a homemade toll roll, largely made with fabric glue and very little stitching. Cut down 15 mm wrench a couple of zip ties and park no glue patches. I have a pocket next to the pump for inner tubes, but since I rotate through 16, 20, 26 " and 700 c bikes, I usually only put a tube in if I am going to be gone for a while. I have also replaced hex headed bolts with Allen's so as not to need additional IMG_20190221_095009.jpg IMG_20190221_100336.jpg wrenches.

Attachments

• IMG_20190221_095202.jpg
    IMG_20190221_095202.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20190221_094939.jpg
    IMG_20190221_094939.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 17

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Here’s mine that stays in the saddle bag (along with a couple of energy bars and a cafe lock) that gets clipped onto whichever bike I’m using.
L to R:
2 x antiseptic wipes (doubles up as wet wipes as required)
2 x plasters - small and large (can double up as a bit of emergency repair tape if needed)
Emergency cafe/taxi/thank you money (£10 plus 2 x 20p coins for the loos!)
Multi tool
Cable ties
Lezyne instant patch kit inc sandpaper
Tyre levers
2 x disposable gloves
Small rag
Lezyne CO2 inflator (wrapped inside the rag)
2 x CO2 canisters

All in a zip case from an old blood glucose testing kit. Missing is the tiny syringe of emergency dry lube - just reminded the wifey to bring me home a new syringe from work tonight so I can fill it!

F6FCEF2E-9E8B-405B-9B49-C1897B8ED2EF.jpeg
5CA8FD05-EEE7-40CC-B36B-37CB21AEB657.jpeg

wisdom

Guru
Here’s mine that stays in the saddle bag (along with a couple of energy bars and a cafe lock) that gets clipped onto whichever bike I’m using.
L to R:
2 x antiseptic wipes (doubles up as wet wipes as required)
2 x plasters - small and large (can double up as a bit of emergency repair tape if needed)
Emergency cafe/taxi/thank you money (£10 plus 2 x 20p coins for the loos!)
Multi tool
Cable ties
Lezyne instant patch kit inc sandpaper
Tyre levers
2 x disposable gloves
Small rag
Lezyne CO2 inflator (wrapped inside the rag)
2 x CO2 canisters

All in a zip case from an old blood glucose testing kit. Missing is the tiny syringe of emergency dry lube - just reminded the wifey to bring me home a new syringe from work tonight so I can fill it!

View attachment 454043 View attachment 454044
Very neat.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hey, good find. I'll say it again, anything I want to carry goes in my jersey pockets because stuff in a small saddle bag rattles about, gets damaged and the strap on the bag damages the finish on the seat post. When I do carry a small bag I wrap the seat post in tape to protect it.

Top Bottom