Toolzone torque wrench

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've got a torque wrench for the smaller jobes like seat clamp and stem but I'm now thinking of getting something for beefier jobs like BB. I've been doing some research and see I'll need a bi-directional wrench for left and right hand thread of BB. I've seen this Toolzone model 20 - 110 Nm.
81XEDCaoaoL._SL1500_.jpg

The same wrench is through various sites from £17 to £40. Almost every review is positive. (I know they are on the site selling them}.
Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, of these wrenches or have any other they can recommend at a reasonable price. It will probably only be used once or twice a year and stored in the house (not our damp garage}.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I don't know about that brand. I've got a couple of Sealey ones that span the whole torque range you might need on a bike. About £30 each when I bought them.
BTW, it's a good idea to slacken off the torque spring when you store them after use.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
That's the one I've got but the Lifeline packaged version.

Yes, same here. I think I got it for £21.99 from Evans (possibly) a few years ago.

Good tool - only thing I have had to buy for it is an extension Bit (4mm I think) so that I can tighten the top bolt of my RS505 front caliper. Without it the little bulged recess for the appropriate supplied Bit stops me centering it properly.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Get a beam torque wrench. Draper do one for under £15. Clicky ones either go out of calibration or a spring escapes within a few years, in my experience.

Each to their own of course.

I prefer the 'clicky' ones as I find them easier to handle and I like the safety (real or perceived) of the click action .

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well, I think I've bought two Toolzone products in recent years and while they work, they ain't precise. Quality is below Draper and Blueline, well below Silverline.

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've been searching Silverline but can't find if they do bi-dircetional torque wrench. The say "ratchets both ways" but not torques both ways. The Toolzone one does.
As I need it for BB it has to.

Top Bottom