Toolzone torque wrench

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migrantwing

Veteran
I've also got the Lifeline/X Tools/Bike Hand torque wrench. Seems to do the job OK although, how precise it is, I don't know. Personally, I don't use a torque wrench for the BB, pedals or cassette lockring, I just do them up tight. Never had a cassette, pedal or a BB fall off as yet. This may help in your choice of torque wrench/wrenches.

You could always buy two: one for lower end stuff - 5nm-25nm and one specifically for higher torque for BB's, pedals, cassette lockrings etc? Like anything aimed at the bike industry, it seems you'll pay a few extra £'s. Sealey make decent torque wrenches for higher end torque, so do Clarkes.

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've just ordered the Toolzone wrench. All the others I looked at didn't seem to be bi-directional. They said they had reverse ratchet but in the questions sections it was pointed out it just reversed the ratchet not the torque ability.
The Toolzone one definitely says it torques both left and right threads.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've just ordered the Toolzone wrench. All the others I looked at didn't seem to be bi-directional. They said they had reverse ratchet but in the questions sections it was pointed out it just reversed the ratchet not the torque ability.
The Toolzone one definitely says it torques both left and right threads.

From the pic it has a standard ratchet head which works in both directions.

Routinely, clockwise would be doing up and anti-clockwise undoing.

But it makes no difference, the wrench will read torque in either direction.

Looks decent for the money, although given that a professional quality one would be £200 you can't expect miracles.

As regards use, strictly you should use an ordinary ratchet/breaker bar/spanner to tighten the fixing to your best guess at the correct torque, deploying your torque wrench only for final tweaking.

Similarly, you should not use the torque wrench for undoing fixings.

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
That's what I do with the lifeline one anyway. Plus I'll use ordinary ratchet/breaker to remove. Some of the sites say to reverse the ratchet to remove bolt. That's a definite NO with torque wrench.

Last edited:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I'm not familiar with the Toolzone torque wrench, but professional torque wrenches are typically reversible by having the square drive able to be configured on either side of the head. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how Toolzone do it.

Top Bottom