Top Gear on tonight!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fab Foodie said:
I like to dream that I might be driving an Aston Martin through the mountains to the French Riviera.

Live the dream FF.

In 2006 my "wife & I" drove our MG down the Route Napolean to Monaco and in 2005 we spent a week MGing around the Pyrenees. The Pyrenees trip was what prompted me to go out and buy another bike after a break of nearly 20 years. We stopped in a small guest house near Arreau and met 2 couples who were riding west to east along the mountains. Small world - they were Verulam CC members from St Albans just 7 miles from our home and knew many of the people that I knew from days spent with Welwyn Wheelers and evenings at the track with other local clubs.

A week in the mountains with the car hood down is almost as good as riding a bike - in my case, probably better as I at least got to the top of
DSCF0317064Medium.jpg

Danny

Legendary Member
Fab Foodie said:
So?
I like cars, I own 2 (actually I like one and loathe the other). I'd love a Porsche, or even better one of those big 4 seater Maseratti things that Schumacher drives, beautiful. I like to dream that I might be driving an Aston Martin through the mountains to the French Riviera. I even like Clarkson's irreverent sticking 2 fingers-up persona...and it is a persona that he has cultivated very nicely so he can annoy well pretty much anybody and get away with it. Great job.

Don't assume because we are passionate about bicycles and cycling that we are all bearded lentil eating yoghurt knitting sandal wearing car haters.

I don't have a beard, eat lentils, wear sandals, or hate cars. But I do hate TV programs, and presenters, who pretend that we can ignore global warming and all drive around in high performance cars.

Dannyg said:
I don't have a beard, eat lentils, wear sandals, or hate cars. But I do hate TV programs, and presenters, who pretend that we can ignore global warming and all drive around in high performance cars.

They arent pretending to ignore global warming, they are ignoring global warming, just like 99.99% of the worlds population. We are all going to hell in a hand basket and there is sod all you or anyone else can do about it. Certainly bleating on about a nasty TV programme to a bunch of cyclists on a little Forum isnt going to achieve anything.

OP
OP
R

Richie1964

Dannyg said:

Surely if you are that concerned about global warming you'd be campaigning for the forced extinction of cows.

Aint Skeered

Richie1964 said:
Surely if you are that concerned about global warming you'd be campaigning for the forced extinction of cows.
Some chaps in Pirbright are on the case now, so don't worry about the bovine issue;)

Top Bottom