Top Gear voted most poular programme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Just caught the back end of the awards tonight,and jezza got the recognition this year for best factual programme,cool eh:biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Just goes to show, us plebs really know what's worth watching on TV.
Pished off I missed it earlier though on Beeb 2,. I was told it started at 8 when it started at 7

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
I didnt even know it was on,till i got in from work at quarter to ten,and there was mlml and son sprawled out watching it.So after getting my mince dinner put in front of me,i settled down to watch too.:blush:

U

User482

Not really my cup of tea, but it's a bit of light-hearted fun. i don't really buy the argument that it encourages people to drive recklessly.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I like TG. It's OK entertainment.
BUT, if that's the best 'FACTUAL PROGRAMME' on TV then were in a worst state than I thought. Gordon Bennett.

I do find the media slapping itself on the back mildly awful though...

When are we gonna have "Food Scientist of the Year", "Call Centre Personality of the Year" etc. etc?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
at a tangent, didi anyone notice the cyclist desparately trying to keep up with the little peel p50?

any of you london boys care to 'fess up?

gavintc

Guru
Fab Foodie said:
BUT, if that's the best 'FACTUAL PROGRAMME' on TV then were in a worst state than I thought. Gordon Bennett.

When are we gonna have "Food Scientist of the Year", "Call Centre Personality of the Year" etc. etc?

I agree; entertaining but hardly factual.

Awards ceremonies achieve many targets. The people in the meedja business need their egos inflating on a regular basis and it is relatively cheap to produce.

Tetedelacourse

gavintc said:
I agree; entertaining but hardly factual.

Awards ceremonies achieve many targets. The people in the meedja business need their egos inflating on a regular basis and it is relatively cheap to produce.

Not entertaining and not the best factual programme on TV.

Top Gear is a load of rubbish. Same as all other TV awards!

AND someone told me once that I have to pay for it (ha ha ha!)

bonj2

Fab Foodie said:

It's the best, factual program.
That doesn't necessarily mean it's the best program for facts.
It just means out of the all the programs that are classed as 'factual', that's the one people enjoy watching most. Not that it's the most factual.
As Alistair Campbell would say.

bonj2

alecstilleyedye said:
at a tangent, didi anyone notice the cyclist desparately trying to keep up with the little peel p50?

any of you london boys care to 'fess up?

I didn't notice that and I watched the whole bit involving it.
How the hell did Clarkson manage to fit in it AND still have enough freedom of movement to drive it though?

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
worth watching for the peel p50 alone

Oh yes! Saw the repeat last night, was in stitches watching that bit.. Especially John Humphries nicking it. Laughing now, thinking about it.

I want one. Could almost fit it in the flat!

Mind you, although it was a foregone conclusion, the bugatti/eurofighter bit was well filmed for excitment, it got my heart racing. Or was that Hammond...:blush:

But by god, I wish he'd cut his hair...

Top Bottom