Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So..what's everyone thinking about the new series?
To me, Evans leaving has seen an improvement in it, theres chemistry between the 3 presenters. Doesn't surprise me that much as I thought the 'Extra Gear' of the last series was the best bit, mostly as Evans wasn't in it.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Still crap...I don't like the Amazon offering either...I am or was a big TG fan but its done.

The new offering is just plastic..

pawl

Legendary Member
Don't watch it, not interested.
So..what's everyone thinking about the new series?
To me, Evans leaving has seen an improvement in it, theres chemistry between the 3 presenters. Doesn't surprise me that much as I thought the 'Extra Gear' of the last series was the best bit, mostly as Evans wasn't in it.

Top Gear.
How to drive like a maniac.

Lonestar

Veteran
i watch it as much as I watch cycling magazine tv.Zilch.

It's a box designed to do a job and protect the occupants when they cock up.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I don't like it much i think Matt Leblanc is a twat and was only any good as joey on Freinds and as for the other two unknowns well...........

but it was even worse when that moron Evans was presenting(shouting) on it.....

Drago

Legendary Member
To elaborate on my earlier reply...

Cars are dangerous, and a gleeful weekly celebration of dangerous driving is not something that, as a cyclist, I wish to become involved in.

They're a means of transport. Big deal.

The speed limit is 70.

Cars are killing people, and helping kill the planet.

A programme about careful, considerate, safe and economical driving might well be boring, but in the current climate would be far more appropriate.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It's an entertainment show, nothing more, it used to be fun to watch, now it isn't.

The current presenters are competent enough but have no dynamic.

I'm not paying £70 a year to watch the GT, though I did watch some on the free trial, it was ok, but that too has lost a lot of its appeal for me.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
To elaborate on my earlier reply...

Cars are dangerous,

They're a means of transport. Big deal.

Cars are killing people, and helping kill the planet.

Cars are dangerous. Wrong,it is the people who drive them.
A means of transport, big deal. Without their cars, millions of people wouldn't be able to get to work.
Killing the planet. The planet is in no danger, we are.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good heavens above. I hope your English homework was never drafted as poorly as that. From grammatical, oratory and comprehension standpoints that's the most nonsensical thing I've ever tried to read, and I say that as someone who reads The Guardian editorial.

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
For me Top Gear is watchable (will be watching it tonight with my son as he enjoys it).

The Grand Tour is watchable as well but a bit too over the top now.

Neither come close to the old TG unfortunately.

Drago

Legendary Member
What, the ooollldddd Top Gear?

Anyone remember that idiot William Woolard describing a 150MPH Honda motorbike as 'lethal', and less than a minute later describing a 160MPH Lotus as 'good for the British car industry'?

Top Bottom