Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
As a piece of lightweight entertainment (which is all the show ever was) Sunday night's show worked well. The relationship between the three main presenters is beginning to fizz, and because it's fundamentally based on obvious mutual respect and like it works well. Either that or its such a relief to see two grown men take the mickey out of each other and then fall about laughing with each other that I'm over-reading the relationship.

The extra characters - particularly Sabine Schmitz, but also Eddie Jordan - add a good deal too. Extras, apart from the Stig, were always there before just to show off how much Clarkson thought of himself. But the downplaying of the Stig and the amount of obvious respect that LeBlanc has for Schmitz and Harris adds warmth to what can be a cold format.

Brandane

Legendary Member
New series started tonight. I wanted to like it but............. It didn't even manage to hold my attention past the first half hour. As with the last series, the chemistry between presenters just isn't there and the whole format is tired IMHO...

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It was tired four, five years ago with the only things lifting it beyond the humdrum being the roadtrip specials. Time to stop flogging this particular expired horse.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I never watch it.

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE 5163650, member: 259"]If there's one thing that puts me off using Amazon Prime Video, it's Jeremy Clarkeson's unfeasibly large jowls on the home page.[/QUOTE]
I tried to see if I could get another homepage for that very reason. :sad:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The last time I watched it was for that race across London which the bike won. I don't think I've ever watched the new series. Do they actually review cars or is it still about blowing up caravans etc?
They actually review cars. No caravans have been harmed since the old farts went to the Amazon…

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
GT is slightly disappointing.

Its like they wanted to recreate TG but are afraid of making it more or less the same in case they get sued.

So dont take as many risks and arent as entertaining to watch

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 5163661, member: 45"]I quite like it. It's easy watching, and a lot more friendly.[/QUOTE]

With you there. Good fun I thought, particularly the Sabine Schmidt and Ken Block bits.

Top Bottom