Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
I watched it for a kong time, when it was a car programme that had presenters. Then it became a presenters' programme with cars. Clarkson in particular got up my nose and I stopped watching. Apparent from the adverts for the new series, it's back to being about presenters again. So I won't be bothering.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
TG was great - for a while. A genuinely unique and really quite amazing phenomenon, for which much of the credit, however grudgingly, must go to the oaf Clarkson. But it couldn't maintain that peak indefinitely, and the dead horse had been well and truly flogged long before JC took a pop at a producer because his tea wasn't to his taste. Neither the new version nor GT can ever recapture the TG that was. They'll keep flogging, so long as there's life in the old mare, however tenuous. But it'll never be what it was; nor has it been...for a long, long time.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
TG was great - for a while. A genuinely unique and really quite amazing phenomenon, for which much of the credit, however grudgingly, must go to the oaf Clarkson. But it couldn't maintain that peak indefinitely, and the dead horse had been well and truly flogged long before JC took a pop at a producer because his tea wasn't to his taste. Neither the new version nor GT can ever recapture the TG that was. They'll keep flogging, so long as there's life in the old mare, however tenuous. But it'll never be what it was; nor has it been...for a long, long time.
A couple of things: that's a character Clarkson's playing, and secondly most of the credit goes to the real brains behind it, Andy Wilman.

Top Bottom