Top ten cycling movies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A Sunday in hell. The film follows the 1976 Paris-Roubaix. Great film of Eddy Merckx, Roger de Flaeminck, Freddy Maertens and others. The film shows the brutal ride in all it's glory. At the end, the shower scene shows how the riders had no creature comforts at all.

Maz

Guru
Anyone watched Death on the Mountain (more a documentary than a film)?
Quite harrowing at times but equally compelling.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Anyone watched Death on the Mountain (more a documentary than a film)?
Quite harrowing at times but equally compelling.
I found it a really good film/documentary. Having read about Uncle Tom, I thought the film was well done.

OP
OP
mrBishboshed

mrBishboshed

What about (was it??) 'Breaking Away', or (Graham Obree) 'The Flying Scotsman'

"Breaking Away" keeps cropping up so i think i will try that one today. Wasn't "The Flying Scotsman" the film where they made a bike from washing machine parts? I vaguely remember that.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
"Breaking Away" keeps cropping up so i think i will try that one today. Wasn't "The Flying Scotsman" the film where they made a bike from washing machine parts? I vaguely remember that.
Indeed. Except that it wasn't 'they', it was 'he' - a classic British nutter, who smashed up his washing machine to get at the bearings, incorporated them into a bike he built himself, then broke some track racing world record on it.

Renard

A Sunday in hell. The film follows the 1976 Paris-Roubaix. Great film of Eddy Merckx, Roger de Flaeminck, Freddy Maertens and others. The film shows the brutal ride in all it's glory. At the end, the shower scene shows how the riders had no creature comforts at all.

Indeed! All the other suggestions pale into insignficance compared to this one!! Flying Scotsman is not bad. Belleville is fun and things like Breaking away are really not worth bothering about.

Top Bottom