Top Tip. Fitting Schwable Marathon Plus Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Just fitted a pair to my Brompton .... bit of swearing but saved some cash. 10 minute job. You just gotta know how ....

Mrs M

Guru
Tried fitting a pair of Schwable Marathon Plus tyres to my Triban 300. Looked impossible but found the solution. I took them to my LBS. They fitted mine for a tenner, money well spent!
That's exactly what I did :smile:.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Surely M+ NEVER flat .... If they do a host of Angels descend to take you home.

I had a couple of M+ punctures on the rear of my Brompton.

The dealer said it was relatively common, possibly something to do with the small wheel.

Problem made worse if the rider is heavy.

screenman

Legendary Member
I see that video like many do as wrong.
Look at the positioning of those buckles, also valve last works better for me as it give you a bit more slack.

robjh

Legendary Member
I've had one puncture on an M+ in 8 years, but from a piece of metal that had gone through the side wall of the tyre, and not the rim which is the bomb-proof bit. Sadly no angels helped me that time.

OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
I've put 35mm Schwable Marathon on before which wasn't nice but do able. I reckon some black magic rite was performed involving animal sacrifice beforehand when fitting 25mm ones. As soon has you got one side in it would jump out the instant I tried to put the other side in. I had to check the size twice because I was sure the diameter was too large.

Top Bottom