Top Tip. Fitting Schwable Marathon Plus Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
There you go then! ;)
:tongue:

alilamb73

I had a couple of M+ punctures on the rear of my Brompton.

The dealer said it was relatively common, possibly something to do with the small wheel.

Problem made worse if the rider is heavy.

Yes I have that heavy rider small wheel puncture syndrome, I have tyre changes down to a fine art.^_^

Piece of cake to fit, follow this video and you will save yourself a tenner

yes, that's the system i use for getting some tyres onto rigida sputnik rims, which can be a pig. I keep a pair of laces in my seatpack just for this. I would have been left weeping by the road a few times if it weren't for Colin's top tiip.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Couple of levers and Robert's the milkman's best friend. Never understood all this ponsy sh**e about not using levers to put a tyre back on. So long as you're careful and double check there's no pinches, it's fine.
Well said that man.

The first time I fitted my M+ tyres was to a set of H Plus Son Archetype rims. I don,t know whether it was the fact the tyres were new, or the rim depth, but I found that by following the video linked to by SuperSuperLeeds (can't believe I just typed that) l managed to get them on without levers.

I've just moved them onto the wheels that came with my new CAADX and although I needed to use levers to get them off the Archetype rims, they went onto the Maddux rims by hand very easily. Maybe they were a bit more supple after about 2000 mile useage?

Today I'm fitting a set of SKS Mudguards to the CAADX and just know I'm going to have a nightmare with getting the stays to fit around the rear disc brake calliper. Still, slow and careful should do it.

Graham

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I noticed a problem with my M+ so yesterday I did several tests that involved removing and refitting the tyre several times. I couldn't believe how easy it is after a little practice :smile:

If the right technique is used, this is a 5 minutes job and there's no need for tyre levers.

Top Bottom