topeak aero wedge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David L

Über Member
I am looking at getting the medium size of the above with quick clip for my road bike,

Has any one got one and what do you think of it??

Is it secure enought with the 'quick clip'

And has anyone got a pic of it fitted to a bike?

Its just the shop haven't got it in stock so will have to be ordered in.

Cheers

e-rider

crappy member
This might not be relevant but I will tell you that any seatbag that has a (velcro) strap that wraps around the seatpost will rub a hole in the back of your lycra cycling shorts!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
This might not be relevant but I will tell you that any seatbag that has a (velcro) strap that wraps around the seatpost will rub a hole in the back of your lycra cycling shorts!
Never had that problem. I use a Topeak Aero Wedge (have small, med and large - and it really is) but all strap on, so can't comment re the quick clip. I think they look quite good on a road bike, the strap on ones can be pulled close up to the saddle rails. The medium is actually quite big and holds all I need in the winter, as it can expand. Perhaps only complaint/s - not very waterproof, and mine has faded badly - now more purpley blue than black.
I think Halfords stock them - so maybe you could look at one there.

Biker Joe

Über Member
I've got a Topeak Aero Wedge. Very good piece of kit. Very secure. Amazing what you can fit in it. It definitely wont rub a hole in your cycling shorts (:smile:). Quick clip is very secure.
One of my best buys.:thumbsup:.

400bhp

Guru
I am looking at getting the medium size of the above with quick clip for my road bike,

Has any one got one and what do you think of it??

Is it secure enought with the 'quick clip'

And has anyone got a pic of it fitted to a bike?

Its just the shop haven't got it in stock so will have to be ordered in.

Cheers

I have one - in fact I have one of all 3 sizes.

I have a quick clip on each of my and the OH bikes.

I think they are great - robust and the fully opening zip and internal mesh pocket are great.

Peteaud

Veteran
I have a small and a medium, very good as well. Re waterproof them with the tent stuff (spray on).

Think there is a pic of my bike in the "show us your aluminium" thread.

tigger

Über Member
Yep Top Peak clip ons for me too. Great bit of kit, one of the first complimentary purchases with any new bike :thumbsup:!!!

Oh, and I never had the velcro strap rub a hole in my shorts either! :wacko:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have a couple of Medium sized, one for Road, t'other for MTB. I keep everything in them in a plastic bag as they leak. I've sprayed them several times with waterproofing but to no avail. I reckon water seeps in via the zipper.

CRVFR

+1 on the medium sized one. I use this size on my MTB and even without expending it (you can increase the volume) it can easily hold an MTB tube, multi-tool, compressed air canisters x2, tyre levers plus puncture kit, etc etc. It even came with a waterproof cover stashed inside.

Top Bottom