topeak aero wedge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I have been looking tonight for a topeak bag that has the tray of tools in the upper section with no success. Got it last year from halfords as part of freebies, after matching for my n+1. Anyone seen this lately?

Last edited:

LimeBurn

Über Member
I use the topeak aero wedges on my mtb and allez road bike and its been fantastic (and no obliterated shorts here, I dont know how anyone could ride for a few seconds with something catching on their thighs let alone long enough to destroy them) the only thing ill add though is the quick clip won't fit on my new saddle (prologo scratch) as the rails are exactly where the retaining bolts fit.

Svendo

Guru
Use small aero wedges. Had the quick link version first but the side of the plastic slider failed so switched to the strap version. They do wear out. I've had 3 altogether. The middle one had too much elastic on the seat strap so I sewed it into a loop, the latest one had a much shorter ekastic section. I've shortened the straps to fit and prevent short rub. I have a carbon seat post so I protect it from rubbing with a turn of duct tape, also I've learnt to put a turn on the inside of the stiff bit of the seatpost strap otherwise eventually the exposed stitching will wear through. I've had to restitch the top straps so I also reinforced them with glue. I've found the mesh pocket is gets holes in it quite quickly from being rubbed by the multi tool. It does sit on my only bike so does all rides, daily commuting in all weathers and longer rides.
Despite all this It's a good pack, fits two tubes, multi tool, tyre levers, other bits and bobs e.g. quicklinks, lump of tape, cable ties and can also take bunch of keys a gel and bar if squeezed in a bit.

U

User33236

I have been looking tonight for a topeak bag that has the tray of tools in the upper section with no success. Got it last year from halfords as part of freebies, after matching for my n+1. Anyone seen this lately?

Save money by moving bag between n and n+1 as required?

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Thanks for quidco heads up, had only used them before to get brother in law vouchers, a big 2.21 coming my way from tonight's purchase :smile:

Top Bottom