Tossers beware - local journalism at its finest.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not to far behind that already. All that's required now is for parking enforcement officers to start handing the fines out.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'm glad they're there to help us!

A third of people (33%) do not know that the registered keeper of a vehicle can now be fined if someone in their car or van throws rubbish out of it.

Maybe it was just a throw-away statement! :headshake:
The message is really enhanced by expressing the fraction as a roughly equivalent percentage.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
£120 for a cig end or £250 for a full truck full of cig ends if you are fly tipping. Surely it should be calculated per cig end ?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The keeper can't be fined. They can be issued a penalty. It's actually unlawful for any issuing authority to refer to any type of FPN as a fine, though many do.

ozboz

Guru
The keeper can't be fined. They can be issued a penalty. It's actually unlawful for any issuing authority to refer to any type of FPN as a fine, though many do.
What is an FPN ?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I was once cycling along in a cycle lane alongside a long traffic jam. Up ahead, some t***er casually chucked a burger wrapper out of the passenger side into the cycle lane and the cars moved along a bit. I picked it up, carried along until I got to the offending car and saw…luckily…the bloke had his window down. Astonishment is the word I’d use to describe the look on his face when I casually threw it into his lap and remarked ‘your litter, sir’...:okay:.

Littering can also be dangerous. A while back I just hit the B2B railway path, went under a bridge and some moron threw a can of Monster energy drink out of a passing vehicle, landing on the path just a few seconds after I emerged from under the bridge. It would have caused a crash if it’d hit me on my head.

Top Bottom