Tossers beware - local journalism at its finest.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
What powers do they FPN issuers have? Do you have to give them your details or can you just walk away?
You commit an offence if you fail to give your details, and an Accredited Person has the power to detain you for up to 30 minutes until the police arrive. Imagine being held hostage by some knuckledragger police wannabe who's had no training in the use of force?

ozboz

Guru
Break the law/rules and then get off on a technicality enough times to 'save a few hundred' and that's a matter of pride? Where's that thread heaping scorn and hate on David Beckham when he did the same thing?

I did not get off on technicalities,
It was in most cases a matter if I had actually broken any bye laws , so I contested them , and the Councils retracted their FPN's ,
If a CEO does not do their job properly then I can see no reason not to contest them ,

swansonj

Guru
Perhaps you could give us a specific example? Then we could each decide if the description “not actually broken any bye law” or “got off on a technicality” better applied.

ozboz

Guru
Perhaps you could give us a specific example? Then we could each decide if the description “not actually broken any bye law” or “got off on a technicality” better applied.

Easy , whilst in Fulham , I went to buy a parking ticket from the nearest machine ,when i got back with a ticket I had a an FPN on the screen , the CEO is supposed to log the time he spotted the van and allow the allocated time for the driver to return , he hadnt , I collared him just along the street,
, he waived his hand without a word in complete indifference,
so I appealed , and complained of his less than attitude , they pulled it the next day ,

Top Bottom