Touch screen's in Cars Yes/No?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gzoom

Über Member
Is driving a car harder than flying a Spacecraft......like it or not the world is changing, regardless of how many people on this forum seem to love moaning about progress/change.

Screen_Shot_2020-05-30_at_4_29_28_PM.jpg

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Is driving a car harder than flying a Spacecraft

It's generally accepted that driving a car in the real world is significantly harder than flying an aircraft, so the answer would be "Yes".

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Is driving a car harder than flying a Spacecraft......like it or not the world is changing, regardless of how many people on this forum seem to love moaning about progress/change.

View attachment 542593
Now I know you are just trolling. These continuous random posts that are not actually related to the discussion but made in a way that attempts to appear as if they prove your point (whatever that is)!

byegad

Legendary Member
I want one of these as my next car. It will totally destroy peasants in their pathetic little Fords and the emissions are terrible, it has a few blind spots, it's got lots of things to play with and it's too big for the supermarket car park but it will keep me safe if I crash and that's all that matters to me.
View attachment 542454
Sadly so many people think just like that. Hence the late 80s, early 90s 'fashion' of Roo Bars on 4x4s. They must have had a lot of Kangaroos in Chelsea back then! IIRC Roo Bars were eventually banned due to the carnage they inflicted on pedestrians in collisions.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
But again @gzoom you say nothing about the evidence pointing to them being distracting only seek to further to peddle nonsense comparisons and ignorance. You may very well have driven 40000 odd miles fiddling with these things and nobody is expecting you to hit every lamppost and child in sight but it only takes one time. Same with drunks and mobile phone users. I don't want the world to regress in terms of tech but I also dont want it to regress in terms of safety and sadly road safety has the past few years...

gzoom

Über Member
Oh dear, and to think they make other cars seem old fashioned!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30877577/driver-tesla-model-x-crash-complained-autopilot/

Well, of not dying every time you pop out for a copy of the Star and 20 Embassy, then I must be a real stick in the mud!

Your Tesla bashing news is all so 2017, the current news is about Model Y fit and finish, at least get your Tesla shorting timelines sorted :smile:.

But again you haven't told me why the touch screen setup in the XC90 makes it so safe, but in a Tesla is so dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom