Tough, scenic 100 mile ride - Mytholmroyd, Malham, Forest of Bowland, Sun 26th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
trio25 said:
Colin can you email me the .gpx file, I'm such a geek I like to have it in my gps!
Here you go....

Rather than email it to you I've made it available here -> Malham-Bowland gpx file <- for anybody who is interested.

That is my original detailed track file. I'll be converting it to a route for the ride and editing it down to fit the memory limits on my Etrex. For that, I just mark all the junctions and add enough extra waypoints to show me which way to go at them.

longers

Legendary Member
If I get up and it's raining, I'm going back to bed after posting a message on here to say that's what I've done. Sorry but 140 miles in the rain doesn't appeal.

trio25

Über Member
If my legs say no I won't be there, I am so tired today. 145miles over two days on the singlespeed was hard! Track is going to be fun!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hmm... I must confess that the bad weather forecast is starting to make me think twice too! We could wait to the last minute and make a decision then or - how would you all feel about being sensible and putting it back by a week to either Sat August 1st or Sun 2nd?

I had been toying with the idea of doing the Pendle Pedal next weekend but I've done that route before and it would cost me £26 which I can't really afford. I think that my route is as interesting as the PP and I haven't done all of it before so I'd be quite happy to skip the PP and do my route instead.

What do you think Alun, Redbike, PaulB, longers, trio25, Kestevan? Stick to this weekend, or postpone for a week and hope for better weather?

longers

Legendary Member
I vote for next weekend, pref sat if possible, assuming the weathers ok and other people concur. If not just go without me.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I was going to give the Pendle Pedal a miss as I hate that road the new route takes before dropping down to Barlick but I was going to do the Rapha Condor instead. I now find that for £29.50 (!) Rapha have had fewer than 200 entrants so far so for that money, you could well end up riding on your own for 85 miles! I think next weekend would suit us better and I'd vote for that. Then we can all enjoy a long ride tomorrow on the better of the weekend days. Aren't the weather Tsars predicting a heatwave August?

Alun

Guru
I can't make next w/e as I'm going to a friends wedding, nor can I do the 8/9th August. This Sunday does look pretty grim though ! Make it next w/e but I won't be there unfortunately.
I am free on 15/16 Aug, 22/23 Aug, and the 29/30 Aug so if anyone is up for a ride then I'd be game

RedBike

Next weekend for me too please.

Just spent 20+ hours on the MTB over the last two days and i've got an 80 mile ride tomorrow. My legs have had it!

PaulB

Legendary Member
RedBike, I've just looked at your blog for the first time. It's great! I wish I had the time, patience and skills to do one (and the interesting stuff happening to me that you do but I don't) but yours is supoib! Well done mate.

RedBike

There's a few people on here that have blogs. I have links to most of them off my blog (RHS).

Colin and Trios from this thread are certainly worth a read (links in their sigs)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Okay, let's officially put it off until next weekend then - is Saturday 1st August okay for everyone?

Alun - I'll be free on at least a couple of the dates you mentioned so we can work something out.

I've been feeling a bit below par the last couple of days - a sore throat, wheezy chest, temperature up and down and I've just started to get slightly wobbly legs. It would probably not have been a good idea for me to tackle the Malham ride in two days time because I obviously have... Swine Flu! :ohmy:xx(:ohmy:!!! (Or should that be Boar Flu - Man Flu crossed with Swine Flu? ;))

trio25

Über Member
Probably bore-flu!

So next weekend it is, Boss is away so I can't check my availability! So will let you know when she comes back.

Top Bottom