Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
A great and v savvy ride by Cummings - didn't do much in the break away, diesel engine pacing up the final climb and flew by the Frenchies as they were measuring each other up. Great stage.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm starting to wory for Froomes safety, he will need bodyguards on the alpe d'huez
It may well do the opposite and gain him a lot of sympathy from roadside fans who were otherwise willing him to lose. Somebody being crass enough to throw a cup of p!ss over a rider will disgust most people and the calm and measured way Froome conducted himself in the post race interview did him credit.

Buddfox

Veteran
How about MTN Qhubeka overall - I guess I have to put Sky and Movistar to one side, but they have been the stand out team for me so far in the tour this year. With Cummings' win, Teklehaimanot in the polka dot jersey, invariably a rider in the break, and invariably a rider contesting the win on all but the highest mountain stages. Really enjoying watching their success this year.

On another note, since everyone wants to comment on the commentary - it wouldn't be the tour without Sherwen telling us about the job of work being done, Liggett getting names wrong etc. I wouldn't have it any other way. They are part of the event for me

PaulB

Legendary Member
What possesses someone to want to throw a cup of pee at someone? Mental.
It's filmed the whole way round, Froome could say pretty much where it took place and they have the culprit's DNA! It shouldn't be too difficult to find him, go after him and do him 'pour encourager les autres' and maintain the organisation's good name.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Don't you see? It's classic double bluff. Brailsford orchestrated these incidents in order to elicit sympathy for Sky, and to discredit their opponents, thus drawing attention away from his evil schemes.

There's none so blind as them as won't listen.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Someone threw a cup of piss at Froome, for farks sake.
At least it wasn't Stella.

Unfortunately it's impossible to prevent something like this happening. Free access for spectators, in both senses, is one of the things that makes road racing special. I hope they catch the perp for no other reason than it might make other fools think twice, but I fear it might escalate.

Top Bottom