Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Quelle surprise!
An rider from the only African team in the race wins the stage on would you believe it nelson mandella day . in a thrilling finish he sprints past the two riders in front who had almost stopped allowing him to catch and pass them while they were apparently discussing which one of them should lead out for final sprint.
Does anyone believe this tosh anymore?
The TDF is getting more like WWF every year.

simo105

Quelle surprise!
An rider from the only African team in the race wins the stage on would you believe it nelson mandella day . in a thrilling finish he sprints past the two riders in front who had almost stopped allowing him to catch and pass them while they were apparently discussing which one of them should lead out for final sprint.
Has the TDF hit the rock bottom? Pun intended

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Quelle surprise!
Nah, the zebras have more stripes than MTN

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Quelle surprise!
Today's prix de la combativité goes to .......

TOMMAGUZZI!!!!!!!!

I found some false downhill last Saturday up near Amulree. The hills conspired to make the gradient look different. I couldn't work out why I was working so hard going downhill, then found I'd just climbed another 20m!
you should have turned off at Amulree and headed for Kenmore for a proper false flat

bikeman66

I don't know if this has already been discussed here but Porte says some one in the crowd has punched as he went by them. The anti SKY feelings are coming to the fore with some people, maybe the ones who were booing Froome, showing their SPORTSMANSHIP in a very positive manner.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's all getting a bit out of hand. Why would anyone who would make the effort to go out of their front door to go watch a cycle race feel it necessary to actually physically assault one of the competitors, especially someone so inoffensive as Richie Porte? Perhaps a good deal more worrying is Chris Froomes claim that a cup of urine was thrown in his face during today's stage. I guess 30 years without a win in their own back yard is starting to grate with the French!!

bikeman66

I thought he might figure in the fight for the stage win - it looked made for him - but given that he's clearly not at 100%, that wasn't a bad effort at all today.

Pinot's lack of self-belief probably cost him the win.
From what I've seen of Pinot this year he doesn't have the mental capacity to win. He blew it with his little roadside tantrum in stage 5.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
That might be just a little too obvious even for Prudhomme.
Call me a cynical conspiricy theorist if you like. Remember the two riders who stopped and let cummings through were French and I reckon it is entirely possible Christian had a quiet word to let the rider from the African team win on mandella day when just coincidentally the GC teams couldn't be arsed to chase down the breakaway and the finish was planned to be too steep for the sprinters.

Everyone loves a fairytale win don't they?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That might be just a little too obvious even for Prudhomme.
Call me a cynical conspiricy theorist if you like. Remember the two riders who stopped and let cummings through were French and I reckon it is entirely possible Christian had a quiet word to let the rider from the African team win on mandella day when just coincidentally the GC teams couldn't be arsed to chase down the breakaway and the finish was planned to be too steep for the sprinters.

Everyone loves a fairytale win don't they?
The acting's great though - Cummings in tears after only managing a fake victory and Pinot explaining how they'd thrown it away whilst maintaining his 2015-year-of-the-sulk delivery - http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/Pinot-deuxieme-ca-ne-sert-a-rien/575203

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's all getting a bit out of hand. Why would anyone who would make the effort to go out of their front door to go watch a cycle race feel it necessary to actually physically assault one of the competitors, especially someone so inoffensive as Richie Porte? Perhaps a good deal more worrying is Chris Froomes claim that a cup of urine was thrown in his face during today's stage. I guess 30 years without a win in their own back yard is starting to grate with the French!!
I doubt they went out with that intention. After hours of roadside drinking, setting the world to rights with les copains, and a lack of toilets, I can imagine how the idea took root.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Quelle surprise!

Apparently Lance Armstrong faked the moon landings as well...

Top Bottom