Tour de France 2018 Course Presentation **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
"The first week of racing will include a finish in the home town on new UCI President David Lappartient" - errr, don't UCI rules require them to finish unaided with bikes, or is carrying a bike while finishing on the UCI President (piggy back?) a special exception? :laugh:
Probably stage 4 as it starts in Baule. His home is in Sarzeau, apparently, which is in the same part of the country. This must have been sorted out months ago - way before he became the UCI chief.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
"The first week of racing will include a finish in the home town on new UCI President David Lappartient" - errr, don't UCI rules require them to finish unaided with bikes, or is carrying a bike while finishing on the UCI President (piggy back?) a special exception? :laugh:

He's showing his commitment to cycling by lying on the finish line while they sprint over him.

Reactions: mjr

AndyRM

XOXO
This nonsense entertained me:

"We especially wanted to emphasise stage variety and the routes that may prove decisive, whilst combining legendary climbs with brand-new ascensions or ultra-dynamic formats, to provide a vision of modern and inspired cycling," said Tour director Christian Prudhomme.

Straight out of some glossy magazine.

Looks like they've done everything they can to try and scupper Sky/Froome's chances.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Looks like they've done everything they can to try and scupper Sky/Froome's chances.
In what way?

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Dumoulin has recently said that he is undecided about his schedule next year. I'm sure that the Giro organisers would want to see him back to defend his title.

Adam4868

Guru
I thought it looked ok,not studied it too much.As for Froome..i dont think theres much to fear.Cobbles im sure hell be putting some practice in on the pave.I think Dumoulin will maybe wait to see if Giro suits him more ? Looks like buisness as usual for sky.

Top Bottom