Tour de France 2018 Course Presentation **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Last time out on the cobbles, Thomas and Froome took time out of Pinot and put Quintana into difficulty. http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-de-france-2015/stage-4/results/

Has Froome done much gravel racing recently?

Adam4868

Guru
Do I only think Landa is having another crack at the giro in 2018 or has someone more believable said that?

Quintana for the tour as Movistar lose it again.
Maybe,Quintana has already said that he's the leader for the Tour.

Doseone

Guru
I would have thought Dumoulin took one look at this course and said "Giro it is then".

Really like the look of the course, although there'll be a few unhappy sprinters. I also disagree that this is designed to scupper Sky - I think it plays to their strengths, especially as Froome will be looking at a number of his rivals knowing that he's going to take time off them in the TTT.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Stage 17 looks fantastic. I've spent a few holidays around Annecy/Albertville, and the Cormet de Roselend, with its stunning lake and mountain views, is one of the most beautiful places I know. I'm guessing that will be preceded by the Col des Saisies out of Albertville, which is rather nice too. Follow it with a climb up the bottom part of the Little St Bernard Pass road to La Rosiere (think The Italian Job) and you've got a sure-fire belter of a stage that I'd love to be able to go to. Here is a taster, if anyone is tempted to go and just needs a little nudge:
The Cormet de Roselend:
192.JPG

The Lac de Roselend (Not me cycling, I regret):
196 Cyclists on Cormet de Roselend.JPG

EDIT: Correction. Stage 11. (Thanks Brommers).

Last edited:
OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
@Donger
Here's Stage 11 (not 17)
d4544.jpg

400bhp

Guru
Do I only think Landa is having another crack at the giro in 2018 or has someone more believable said that?

Quintana for the tour as Movistar lose it again.

I've not heard anything concrete about Landa doing the Giro but it'd make sense.

It's interesting that Movistar have three top 3 GC contenders whereas Sky just have the one.

Top Bottom