Tour de France 2018 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Just realised it must have been 2009 we stayed there, which is longer ago than I thought - I can date it quite precisely because I remember watching the final stage of the Tour in the campsite bar and it was the year Cav and Renshaw got the 1-2. My son and I were cheering loudly while a load of disgruntled Frenchmen watched on in disgust. Then we had crepes to celebrate. ^_^

Very nice campsite it was too - this one, if anyone is remotely interested: https://www.camping-castels.co.uk/campsite/lanniron
Going over there sunday for a week.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Well done Dan Martin.
Thomas was giving chase but seemed to look for support, none came, so he gave up. Either that or he just didn’t have the explosive speed. He is up to 2nd overall now. Froome lost a couple of seconds.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Ned Boulting is really starting to wind me up with his infinitely variable pronunciation of Toms Squeench/Skurnch/Skoynsh. I like the Latvian rider but it's getting to the point where I wish he'd just return to the anonymity of the peloton.

Milzy

Guru
Well done Dan Martin.
Thomas was giving chase but seemed to look for support, none came, so he gave up. Either that or he just didn’t have the explosive speed. He is up to 2nd overall now. Froome lost a couple of seconds.
He was at 12/1 should have put a tenner on him.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ned Boulting is really starting to wind me up with his infinitely variable pronunciation of Toms Squeench/Skurnch/Skoynsh. I like the Latvian rider but it's getting to the point where I wish he'd just return to the anonymity of the peloton.
At heart I like Boulting but his trivia tirades get on my nerves and I stop listening. Much like him, no doubt....

suzeworld

Veteran
Phew! Sagan again
Just watched this stage on catch-up TV (Since my humax recorder didn’t notice the “new” highlights time on Weds)
Rather frustrating to see ITVhub illustrated the link to the prog with an image of Sagan crossing the line. Tried to assume it was a generic photo but it rather watered down the tension of the final rush for the line to realise I’d seen the winner’s face already. How stupid are these ppl?
:evil:
:banghead:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just watched this stage on catch-up TV (Since my humax recorder didn’t notice the “new” highlights time on Weds)
Rather frustrating to see ITVhub illustrated the link to the prog with an image of Sagan crossing the line. Tried to assume it was a generic photo but it rather watered down the tension of the final rush for the line to realise I’d seen the winner’s face already. How stupid are these ppl?
:evil:
:banghead:
My Humax didn't 'notice' either, but fortunately I did and set that recording manually.

Yes, the spoilers are annoying! I used to sometimes get those trying to find replays on Eurosport.

suzeworld

Veteran
I’ve written in to the ITV - being awake in the night is a good opportunity to bang off some Mr-Angry letters! Wondering if their link to the World Cup
Final will show the winners clutching their trophy!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What do we think of the first week's parcours this year? A bit sprint heavy for my liking. A bit of a phoney war so far with the GC only involved by dint of crashes, punctures and the TTT.

Adam4868

Guru
Only really been watching highlights and missed quite a bit for the football ! Saw yesterday's stage which was a great win for Dan Martin,looking good Dan ! Pretty boring so far,unless you count mechanicals and punctures as exiting.Should be getting warmed up by the cobbles on tuesday ?

Top Bottom