Tour de France 2018 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
but you do have a computer and highlights at least are on youtube
It was a joke....
...of sorts!

suzeworld

Veteran
It’s certainly not been any more boring than usual!

I guess the run along the Britanny coast can sometimes shake things up with echelons which we didn’t get this year. I like seeing TTT but curious impact on GC. Would not say I was “glad” of crashes but I would say they’ve added a bit if spice to the GC too.

All the sprints have been exciting to watch and the Sagan / Martin stage wins were fab

I’d say a better than average first week, really. What more do you expect of it?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
That was a mighty impressive sprint by Groenewegen. He flew past Gaviria, Kristoff and Sagan like they were standing still. It looked like he was still accelerating when he crossed the line. Very convincing win.

Cav seemed to be in the mix, weaving through the bunch and picking the right wheels to follow. He was right on Groenewegen's wheel when he kicked but just couldn't hang on - not that Cav wasn't going fast but Groenewegen was going that bit faster. Definitely not the Cav of old. But I still think it remains to be seen if that's just lack of form or age-related decline...

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Unless I saw it wrong it looked like he had a brush with Sagan. But I'm not sure he could have made it anyway. Still good to see him getting back towards the business end.

Yes, he touched wheels, with Sagan, then sat up. He wouldn't have won if he carried on sprinting, but would have been much closer than 10th. Cav needs to stay away from Sagan! :cycle:

Dan Martin‏Verified account @DanMartin86 12m12 minutes ago
Feels like a lion has been clawing at my back but seems I am ok. Makes tomorrow’s stage even tougher but when have I ever walked away from a challenge.

Tin Pot

Guru
I can’t imagine what cycling in that peloton is like.

7827A06A-B842-4542-A357-41C6ADFDD2CC.jpeg

Top Bottom