Tour de France 2018 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I'll be very happy to see the French public unhappy

Not as happy as they will be to see the back of us next year

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
No. Stages 1 & 2 are very flat so likely to finish in bunch sprints - although being on the west coast of France, there's the possibility of wind being a factor (stage 1 definitely, but stage 2 is more inland so less likely).
Good point! There's an argument that the 2015 tour was decided by the wind on the flat-as-a-kippers stage 2 from Utrecht to Zeeland.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I hope it was all translated in French otherwise, waste of time. Personally, I believe Froome is clean.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I wonder if Froome will feel inclined to retire after this season? I've no particular basis for pondering this, just an idle thought. He's achieved so much in winning all the Grand Tours, holding all three at the same time, multiple TdF wins etc. He doesn't need to prove anything and he has a young family, and he gets so much stick... Will he be tempted to go whilst he's at the top of his game?
After what's been said, I think Froome will want to take Hinault off the top step of history now, if he can. Which will please the French(!)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kickoff around now. I've just checked the weather and there are only light winds so it's likely to be a sprinters' stage.

Top Bottom