Tour de France 2018 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Plenty of booing and whistling for Team Sky, which was to be expected. Froome was quickly bypassed but the crowd are giving the entire team a hard time. That was uncomfortable.

Viking

Looked pretty unpleasant. Thomas looked as if he was getting ready for some action. Hinault must be pleased.

perplexed

Guru
I wonder if Froome will feel inclined to retire after this season? I've no particular basis for pondering this, just an idle thought. He's achieved so much in winning all the Grand Tours, holding all three at the same time, multiple TdF wins etc. He doesn't need to prove anything and he has a young family, and he gets so much stick... Will he be tempted to go whilst he's at the top of his game?

Adam4868

Guru
He was "accused" (I'm sure someone will be along to point out that is the wrong word for the proceedings) on the basis of a failed test AAF. Are you expecting WADA to say "we're very sorry we noticed your elevated Salbutamol levels and we now realise we should never have doubted you. If it happens again we won't be so impudent"
https://www.teamsky.com/article/chris-froome-writes-in-le-monde
There was never really a case to answer though...I was thinking more along the lines of those who were more vocal about him Hinault ? Ect.Anyway on with the race,I read Bardet has said he deserves respect as the current champ,so theres one !

Reactions: mjr

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
There was never really a case to answer though...

I don't think any of us is in a position to confirm or deny that for certain. Not enough detailed information about the case has been made public, and even if it were, would we have the expertise to analyse it?

After being told one thing and then another about this case by various experts, I've given up having an opinion on the matter.

Alan O

Über Member
I don't think any of us is in a position to confirm or deny that for certain. Not enough detailed information about the case has been made public, and even if it were, would we have the expertise to analyse it?

After being told one thing and then another about this case by various experts, I've given up having an opinion on the matter.
I think the point is that a case was never actually brought - it was just a routine examination as part of regular procedure, which happens to many riders but is usually not leaked. So there was, literally, no case to answer.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Is there a prologue this year ?

No. Stages 1 & 2 are very flat so likely to finish in bunch sprints - although being on the west coast of France, there's the possibility of wind being a factor (stage 1 definitely, but stage 2 is more inland so less likely).

Stage 3 is a TTT, so there's every chance that we'll see riders from the same team occupying all the top places after stage 3. I'm sure the French public will be very happy if that's Team Sky.

Top Bottom