Tour de France 2019 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The excitement yesterday was all at the start. Yoann Offredo fell off. But got back on again.

Quiet day today too probably.
efe60.jpg

Didn't know about DeMarchi's crash, collarbone, rib, pneumothorax and multiple cuts, ouch!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I do wish the Tour would have more stages like the one deGent won and fewer Alpine style ones. It seems they believe the winner of Le Tour should always be the person who can ride these long ascents quickest. I'd like a Classics style rider to get a look in. Or maybe load up the TT and give someone like Dennis an outside chance

Maybe I'm just bored with defensive riding in the mountain stages

Adam4868

Guru
I'm not so sure it's the rider as such,your forgetting you need a good team.Ineos don't necessarily ride defensively,more aggressive.Its hard to match their pace in the long mountain stages.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I do wish the Tour would have more stages like the one deGent won and fewer Alpine style ones. It seems they believe the winner of Le Tour should always be the person who can ride these long ascents quickest. I'd like a Classics style rider to get a look in. Or maybe load up the TT and give someone like Dennis an outside chance

Maybe I'm just bored with defensive riding in the mountain stages
However the tour is weighted, people always complain. Too much TT (like Wiggins' year)? Boo! Too much trundling up alps staring at power meters? Boo! Too much (or just some) pavé? Boo! Too many flat 200k stages where only the last 200m counts? Boo! Team TT? Boo!

Don't forget we always have the actual classics to watch classics style riding.

Last edited:
I thought this might be a boring day but the race has exploded. Pinot and Fuglsang plus others all caught on the wrong side of this split and haemorrhaging time

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Well, what looked like an innocuous stage, turned out to be one of the most exciting - probably 10 days of hard racing took their toll on some of the GC men.

Top Bottom