Tour de France 2020 NO SPOILERS !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would really just love another team to win. I'm sorry but I would, even though I really, really like Froome, Thomas and Bernal. It would just be nice, for excitement value.

Whilst my British brain will staunchly follow INEOS my heart would be very happy to see a French Deceuninck–Quick-Step rider win, one with a double barrel "nom de famille":okay:

not a dig at anyone but I don't understand it when folk say , sick of seeing sky / ineos win, I would love so and so ...or such a team to win . I just enjoy seeing the best rider win , i like to see, the rider that turns himself inside out over three weeks, win.
I do think that dumpmoulin may be a thorn in INEOS's side at the tour this year. also be interesting to see if alaphilippe can repeat his form of last year, would /will be great to see froome go for a fifth.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Perhaps it's already mentioned earlier but Froome could be back to an amazing form level having been out for a year by then, all this "lets see about his form" from INEOS is a nice way of hiding your major contender and there's no way they would pitch Froome as being back to full health at this stage, they'll only comment on that by day 21 of the TDF...

INEOS 1-2-3 ?

Although i suspect a certain Dutch team will get in the way of that
Much as i would like to see primoz Roglic win the tour and the team is morphing into a genuine superstar team i cant see them having the depth of super domestiques aka GT winners all playing cat and mouse wearing the opposition down and generally burning everyone else off their wheels that ineos has the capability to do .

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Suiting a French rider ? I hear that most years and I'm not sure your nationality has much to do with it.
This is one of those things that's assumed as true. The race authorities are always designing the parcours to get a French winner and the commissaires are always favouring French riders and particularly hard on non French riders. But it never seems to actually happen.

Except maybe for the mystery absence of TV footage of Bardet making up a remarkable amount of time in one stage a couple of years back. But that was the TV not the Tour authorities.

I'd really like Bardet to win.....there again I'd like Liverpool to lose a game ! Ain't happening
:smile: I really want Thibaut Pinot to win. Compared to that, Bardet is a safe bet.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
This is one of those things that's assumed as true. The race authorities are always designing the parcours to get a French winner and the commissaires are always favouring French riders and particularly hard on non French riders. But it never seems to actually happen.

Except maybe for the mystery absence of TV footage of Bardet making up a remarkable amount of time in one stage a couple of years back. But that was the TV not the Tour authorities.

:smile: I really want Thibaut Pinot to win. Compared to that, Bardet is a safe bet.
Being a Bardet fan makes me feel intelligent as he's very philosophical,where as being a Pinot fan makes you a drama queen 😘

cyberknight

I think both have the talent but lack a team that can give them the support that they need

cyberknight

Yea probally and that little thing called being able to TT ?
Again having the resources and scientific backing to spend the time on this certainly helps and given the lack of long TTs these days has negated some of this although you do have a point .I was more thinking of the ineos grind the oppostion down tactic for the rest of the race which neither of them has a team capable of doing so .

Top Bottom