Tour De France 2020 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I don’t know if Roglic had a bad ride apart from the climb, and yes Pog was absolutely flying. One minute is never a secure lead in a grand tour. It’s only one mechanical, one badly timed puncture, one crash, one bad day away from disaster.
What ifs are what makes bike racing..punctures,mechanicals,off days,feck I even heard the wrong choice of helmet....Then along comes Pogacar ! Best rider won end of 😁

I hear Chris Horner is looking for a contract as some team's TdF leader...
I don't think thats what we want, what we really really really want?

Also Movistar those tactical geniuses take the team classification award.
(How they win that,feck knows)

Easy,their top three finishers everyday had a lower aggregate time than any other team’s.:laugh:

Joking aside, I take your point, they did not exactly light up the race for three weeks , but they are incredibly consistent, Mas has finished high up the GC and they have a very strong set of mountain dmestiques who seem to rotate the duty of riding through to the finish rather than dropping off.

It obviously works as that is 5 team wins in the last 6 years. Mind you EF would have done for them this year if Higuita had not crashed out.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think this is the end of an era for British cycling in the TdF. All these youngsters from other nationalities are taking over and will take some beating. Froome and Thomas will never win another TdF now, they are just too old in the modern game.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Roglic and Pogacar.jpg

Booyaa

Veteran
Having missed my first stage of this years tour yesterday (I didn't think much would go on so took the family for a long walk), were the 2 bike changes made at the same place? (Roglic and Pogacars). I have seen the Pogacar change but not Roglic's, big mistake there by the sounds of it.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Having missed my first stage of this years tour yesterday (I didn't think much would go on so took the family for a long walk), were the 2 bike changes made at the same place? (Roglic and Pogacars). I have seen the Pogacar change but not Roglic's, big mistake there by the sounds of it.
Roglič and team (according to a reader comment on the Sunday Times report page) made the change further up the climb than Pogačar had- certainly from the pictures, it looked like the push for Roglič took a lot more effort.

Top Bottom