Tour de France 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
What a shame. Brexit will be in force by then and you lot will have to go into 6 month quarantine if you want to visit Denmark 🇩🇰😊
Brexit nothing, where I live was the place of the local Viking parliament, description in the doomsday book quoted what was there, final comment “Everyone speaks Danish” it’s home from home

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The 2021 TdF is starting from Denmark on July2 in Copenhagen with a 13kms TT race.
Second stage from Roskilde to Nyberg. 199kms.
Third stage: Veijle - Sonderburg, 183 kms.
All flat stages so expect group sprints.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hopefully by then you’ll be able to leave your property....
I am not being held prisoner by a virus 😊

I am a it worried about being kept in by the TDF circus though. I dont know how quickly they put down and pick up their rolling protective cordon.

gavroche

The TdF 2021 will start in Brest, Brittany says Le Point magazine. It was originally planned to start in Copenhagen but the town changed its mind.

Lets just get this one sorted out before we start looking at 2021
I will be amazed if the 2020 Tour finishes fully

gavroche

Lets just get this one sorted out before we start looking at 2021
I will be amazed if the 2020 Tour finishes fully
and do you have the same viewpoint for the Giro and Vuelta? The only thing that could shorten the Tour is the weather I think, when they get to the high mountains.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
and do you have the same viewpoint for the Giro and Vuelta? The only thing that could shorten the Tour is the weather I think, when they get to the high mountains.
I do!

It only takes 2 people to test positive for Covid-19 in a team (including management and support staff) for the whole lot to be sent home. It isn't hard to imagine a lot of coughing and spluttering in the peloton spreading the bug around multiple teams before that happened.

PS And you are right about the weather - I can see mountain stages being cancelled or dramatically cut due to wintry conditions at altitude.

Slick

Guru
The TdF 2021 will start in Brest, Brittany says Le Point magazine. It was originally planned to start in Copenhagen but the town changed its mind.
Probably fair enough with what's going on but surely cities can be forgiven for planning events that far in the future without the inclusion of covid?

As for this year, the weather was always going to be an issue and riders are closer than certainly I would feel comfortable. I can only assume that they are in a bubble as such, subject to regular testing.

Copenhagen didn't just 'change there mind', it's because of the clash with the postponed Olympics and Euro football, they're hosting the Grand Depart in 2022 now I believe.

Shouldn't let 'em. Keep their deposit and take a new booking somewhere that respects and values the race.
I think they were concerned that they didn't have enough policemen to cover both the kickbladder and the cycling at the same time. I don't think they did it through a lack of respect.

Top Bottom