Tour de France 2026 ***Spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
Pog is on 107, 250 points down. There are 280 stage winning points still out there.
 

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
The last of the group of 12 to cross the line ahead of the crash was none other than Fred Wright.

Hurrah!

Next time, pedal a bit faster, Fred.
 

No Ta Doctor

Veteran
Old versus new points systems - scores in the old system, and how much extra they've scored in the new

🇩🇰 1. Mads Pedersen - 275 (+82)
🇪🇷 2. Biniam Girmay - 223 (+96)
🇧🇪 3. Tim Merlier - 220 (+87)
🇧🇪 4. Jasper Philipsen - 217 (+94)
🇩🇪 5. Max Kanter - 166 (+73)
 

Pross

Guru
Old versus new points systems - scores in the old system, and how much extra they've scored in the new

🇩🇰 1. Mads Pedersen - 275 (+82)
🇪🇷 2. Biniam Girmay - 223 (+96)
🇧🇪 3. Tim Merlier - 220 (+87)
🇧🇪 4. Jasper Philipsen - 217 (+94)
🇩🇪 5. Max Kanter - 166 (+73)

I thought it was supposed to favour winning sprint stages now?
 

mididoctors

Veteran
Stage 13 Dole>Belfort 205.8 km

Lonnnnnnng stage . Hopefully discourages UAE holding the break at 40 secs for 150km or maybe we want that . Intermediate Sprint looks very trek powered break and sit up .
Rollout 13:00 CEST


a97a7.jpeg


Screenshot_20260716-203450 (1).jpg


Screenshot_20260716-203553.png


Screenshot_20260716-203807.png
 

No Ta Doctor

Veteran
I thought it was supposed to favour winning sprint stages now?

They've boosted sprint stages (above other stages) but also boosted intermediates.
Pog's stage to Le Lorian was worth 20pts at the finish, Mads took the intermediate for 25. MvdP's hillly stage was 30pts, Mads P's rolling stage win 50pts. Merlier's stages were all 70pts.


Last year a sprint stage was 50pts and an intermediate 20pts, but a lot of the hillier stages were also 50pts. Mountain stages 20pts. I can't find anything between the 50pt sprints/hills and 20pt mountains.
 

mididoctors

Veteran
They've boosted sprint stages (above other stages) but also boosted intermediates.
Pog's stage to Le Lorian was worth 20pts at the finish, Mads took the intermediate for 25. MvdP's hillly stage was 30pts, Mads P's rolling stage win 50pts. Merlier's stages were all 70pts.


Last year a sprint stage was 50pts and an intermediate 20pts, but a lot of the hillier stages were also 50pts. Mountain stages 20pts. I can't find anything between the 50pt sprints/hills and 20pt mountains.

I think it's pretty well balanced maybe a few too many intermediate sprints accessable to.both sprinters and rouleurs near stage starts .

Bit of tinkering here and there but so far it's produced a close contest
 
Could it have been:

Vlad Van Mechelen relegated from 17th to 144th

Looks like it!

Van Mechelen relegated
After reviewing the sprint, the race jury relegated Vlad Van Mechelen (Bahrain Victorious), ruling that the Belgian had deviated from his line and caused Gaviria’s crash. Van Mechelen crossed the line in 17th place but was ultimately relegated to 144th.

“I only felt contact on my rear wheel and lost some speed,” Van Mechelen told Sporza. “At first, I did not really understand what had happened. I only realised the extent of it when I later watched the footage.”

The Belgian maintained that he had not made an intentional move. “I was focused on sprinting to the finish and did not feel I had done anything wrong. Incidents like this can happen in a hectic finale.”
 

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
If the likes of NSN and alpecin ride for a bunch intermediate sprint pog will win the stage

Top 3 in green will all want to be there. Mads might be happy just to be sure the other 2 aren't there.

If that means incidentally riding for Pog I don't think they'll worry
 
Top Bottom