Tour de Suisse (WITH SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I love this event, especially this year as I'm off work and stage 3 goes past my front door (a sharp right hand turn at the bottom of a decent towards the end of the stage - could be interesting).

I'm tipping Cunego for this one, however my forecasts are as accurate as Carlton Kirby's... hopefully a little better informed though...

OP
OP
Herzog

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Top ride by Fabian - second half of the course was awesome.

oldroadman

Veteran
Always interesting to see which of the big likely TdF players go to which race, Dauphin or Suisse. This year Dauphin looks slightly favourite, the best climbers seem to have gone there, a better TdF indicator than Suisse. But we shall see, come July. Good to see big Fabian back, though.

raindog

er.....
love Sagan - we've seen sprinters take short prologues before, but to beat Fab on his home ground that was some ride. :smile:

bettiniphoto_0113377_1_full_220.jpg

raindog

er.....
Crikey Frank nearly got that but blew up big time - went too early?
Amazing what a bollocking from your DS will do for motivation though.:laugh:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Felt sorry for Frank but really enjoyed seeing him attack like that. Hope he and his brother can bring some of that to the Tour.

So, Quintana yesterday and Rui Costa today... Valverde and Amador look strong too... Bodes well for Movistar in the Tour.

d.

OP
OP
Herzog

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
For anyone watching today, at 22.2km to go till the end there's a hill and at the bottom of the decent (Miekirch village) I've installed a Cyclechat banner (shoddily made in MS Word) on some railings opposite my house.

Keep 'em peeled. It could be a tasty sprint finish today...Sagan...Boonen?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Movistar certainly look like a top climbing team. This probably means that the Tour this year will be less suited to them. The Vuelta however...

Top Bottom