Tour de Suisse (WITH SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Herzog

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Or running alongside the road in a mankini, perhaps?

It's in the wash...
ok we'll look out for that
will you be standing with your underpants on your head so we can recognize you? ^_^

You'd recognize my underpants...?
Movistar certainly look like a top climbing team. This probably means that the Tour this year will be less suited to them. The Vuelta however...

Back on topic. They certainly do have a tasty little climbing team and will be gunning for stage wins in the TdF. Valverde may sneak onto the TdF podium, but I'd be surprised if Cobo goes anywhere near repeating last years performance in the Vuelta.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
For anyone watching today, at 22.2km to go till the end there's a hill and at the bottom of the decent (Miekirch village) I've installed a Cyclechat banner (shoddily made in MS Word) on some railings opposite my house.

23km to go, they've started coming down the descent and... Eurosport cut to adverts!

Back after the break and it's down to 20km to go. Doh!

d.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Farrar was only 7th.
Boonen not even in the top ten

I'm more surprised about Boonen than Farrar. This wasn't really a pure straight line sprinter's finale, more a run in for strong finishers who are prepared to take risks. Farrar isn't really one of those. Sagan and Swift certainly are. Cooke - well it's been so long since I can remember him figuring in a finale to anything, I don't even know what he is any more! He's usually more of a support sprinter or lead-out man these days isn't he?

raindog

er.....
I'm more surprised about Boonen than Farrar. This wasn't really a pure straight line sprinter's finale, more a run in for strong finishers who are prepared to take risks. Farrar isn't really one of those. Sagan and Swift certainly are. Cooke - well it's been so long since I can remember him figuring in a finale to anything, I don't even know what he is any more! He's usually more of a support sprinter or lead-out man these days isn't he?
Yes, Cooke was a surprise, but I still think Farrar should've been up there, but it was a right scramble round that last corner, and he's having a bummer of a season - wonder what's up with him?

ah, this explains Cooke nearly getting it
"Today I was focused on getting Allan to the line," said Cooke on the Orica GreenEdge website. "It wasn't my job to do the sprint today but because of the corners and the skinny roads, doing the lead out lent itself to be on the front. I realized in the last kilometer that Allan had lost my wheel. I was in a good position, so I went for it. I nearly held it to the line."

raindog

er.....
LOL
Sagan looked as if he wasn't even bothered about that one, then decided to jump and stuffed them all as usual. :laugh:
Amazing.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Sagan might not have the pure speed but he is looking like a far more complete rider than Cav right now, and therefore a far more likely Green jersey winner IMHO.

Top Bottom