Tour de Suisse (WITH SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, Sagan didn't win today. And the bunch didn't chase at all. Mind you, they were so laid back that if they'd been 2 minutes slower, Puccio could have been top tomorrow.

OP
OP
Herzog

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Terrible positioning by Oss today, I expected better from him. Tomorrows stage may be a little dull.

raindog

er.....
Don't think it was so much terrible positioning as being completely knackered. He should've won that easily, whatever his positioning, but he just seemed to sit up and let it go.

OP
OP
Herzog

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
He did a lot of closing down but I thought he looked OK towards the end (besides the last 100m where, as you wrote, he sat up). We may find out in his Pro Cycling column.

Anyway, it's always nice to see a breakaway stay away.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, the finish wasn't boring at all, even if that man Sagan won yet again. I'm not quite sure how the hell he even stayed upright let alone manged to carry enought speed to come through and win after almost getting squashed on the barriers on the last corner...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Ben Swift had a really good try, but what can you do against Sagan?

Apparently Swift is still coming back from injury, but I don't think even at full speed he could take Sagan right now. It's not just the speed with Sagan, it's his sheer determination and not caring about his personal safety (not that he's dangerous to others) that makes him so hard to beat at the moment.

raindog

er.....
Is it a flat TT today, or a mountain jobbie? Can't find a profile.

(phew - nice to get back in here away from all the LA fanboy trolling :laugh: )

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Not mountains as such, but some climbs. I do not think there are any mountains in that part of Switzerland. Very large hills perhaps.

Top Bottom