Tour de Yorkshire 2017 Race Comments Only **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Loved seeing all the crowds in the towns. Super for the racers. Chapeau Yorkshire. Bring on the Worlds.
Yep, grand show.

Tin Pot

Guru
Only caught the end on +1, glad I did though. Very professional finish by DDD - what where the chase pack thinking?

Reactions: mjr

Buck

Guru
It was a good 3 days and great scenery - it didn't disappoint.

Great to watch the riders on the Cote de Hade Edge then back home just in time to see the final 20km.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
That final stage was as demanding as any of the Belgian classics and deserves at least a one day race in it's own right - HC level at least.

That final stage was as demanding as any of the Belgian classics and deserves at least a one day race in it's own right - HC level at least.
Indeed!
Lee Lane (to give 'Shibden Wall' its official name) is not fun, & is simply part of a sportive that's ridden about there
http://www.granfondoguide.com/Events/Index/6375/ronde-van-calderdale-2017
Description/gradients/footage of the climbs (& the route) http://thehelloftheworth.blogspot.co.uk/

The Strines/Mortimer Road is a lot longer than the Ewden Heights section used. at abput 14 miles
Some of the other sections are as tight/steep, but that's the toughest

http://www.sheffrec-cc.org.uk/charity_ride/strines_challenge.html

A great final stage, great countryside, great crowds, great racing.

But all this nonsense about Cote de this and Cote de that is just silly. And as for de Yorkshire, shouldn't it be Tour t'Yorkshire ?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
A great final stage, great countryside, great crowds, great racing.

But all this nonsense about Cote de this and Cote de that is just silly. And as for de Yorkshire, shouldn't it be Tour t'Yorkshire ?
It's a bit silly. I had enough trouble identifying what things were called without them being Frenched up.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Only caught the end on +1, glad I did though. Very professional finish by DDD - what where the chase pack thinking?
Was anyone else thinking that BMC seemed to have stolen the QuickStep tactics handbook? :rolleyes:

I'd agree with that - killer route - but for the thought that the TdY deserves more than a 3 dayer.
The really strange thing is that the Women's race is a cat 1, while the Men's that includes the same course is cat 2. Do the classifications make any sense to anyone?

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
The really strange thing is that the Women's race is a cat 1, while the Men's that includes the same course is cat 2. Do the classifications make any sense to anyone?
They are both cat 1
Women 1.1
Men 2.1

Top Bottom