Tour of Britain 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

festival

Über Member
Typical, If there is a crash and T. Farrer is in the race its a fair bet he is involved.
He's a farking menace.

beastie

Guru
Can't blame Ferrar, from the head on shot it's not clear who caused what.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Too many cyclists bouncing off the verges today for my liking.

Impressive crowds. Ok, I know it's a sunny Saturday but impressive all the same. Not many roadside cyclists in evidence though.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I pedaled down to Barnham Broom Golf Course and sat on the corner where the riders were to turn towards Colton. Its only a 3 mile ride from home (quite long enough after yesterday).
Got a couple of nice pics.
BradWigginscropped090912.jpg

and a slightly out of focus
MarkCavendish090912.jpg

Lots of people on that corner. The peleton slowed a bit for that corner, but not much.

Chuffy

Veteran
Typical, If there is a crash and T. Farrer is in the race its a fair bet he is involved.
He's a f***ing menace.
Pretty sure he'll be a convenient scapegoat for Cav, but from the head on shots it looks like Cav loses his front wheel and then takes out everyone else. The Garmins hit him and start to go down quite a while after Cav goes horizontal.

festival

Über Member
Pretty sure he'll be a convenient scapegoat for Cav, but from the head on shots it looks like Cav loses his front wheel and then takes out everyone else. The Garmins hit him and start to go down quite a while after Cav goes horizontal.

I know I am jumping the gun but are you aware of how many times Farrer has fallen off and taken other riders out during the last couple of seasons?
He has a reputation for it.

Chuffy

Veteran
I know I am jumping the gun but are you aware of how many times Farrer has fallen off and taken other riders out during the last couple of seasons?
He has a reputation for it.
Yes. But I'm also aware of how *nothing* is ever Cav's fault and if Farrar is involved (taken down by Cav so far as the replays showed) then he's just going to be blamed regardless.

Noodley

That's how it looked to me when I saw it.

...but there seemed to be much discussion about someone behind him or to the side of him being at fault. And given that Farrar was on his arse as well, I think it was just assumed that he would be worth blaming given his history of falling down.

outlash

also available in orange
Thorpeness today. GordonB's picnic site just out of shot.

If that shot was about two feet to the right, me and my two boys would be in it! L'missus was about 15 feet up taking footage on her tablet. Great day out, watched the race go through then over to the beach for some lunch & fun :smile:.

Tony.

moxey

Some great photo's. I'm looking forward to seeing some more as the race goes on and hoping to get some myself on Wednesday

Top Bottom