Tour of Britain 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Just about to set off out to meet the club to ride over to the sprint point in Chelford! Hoping the weather holds out, looks pretty grim!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347271897.247892.jpg

Getting busy

Is it me or was the ITV4 coverage just dire? No post race interviews, no analysis, no pretty touristy bits like you get with the TdF. And Rob Hayles just sounds suicidal.

No it's not you,it is dire.

Take yesterdays stage,after the crash involving cavendish,wiggins was leading,next shot was the sprint for the finish.

Nothing again mentioned about wiggins until after the race when they said he finished 24th after crashing and they didn't show it.......poor.

thom

____
Take yesterdays stage,after the crash involving cavendish,wiggins was leading,next shot was the sprint for the finish.

Nothing again mentioned about wiggins until after the race when they said he finished 24th after crashing and they didn't show it.......poor.
I haven't seen the coverage yet but if you mean they should focus on Cav and Wiggo to the exclusion of the actual competetion then I'd disagree. Wiggo is to work as a domestique in this one - if he crashes, no big deal provided he isn't injured and watching riders crash or it's aftermath is not something I enjoy.

I can well imagine the coverage is suboptimal and underprepared though as ITV4 seem only to have secured the broadcasting a week ago. I wonder why it was such a last minute arrangement ?

just jim

Managed to catch it today. Some very british looking cones along the route, which in pro -cycling terms looked a bit "bumpy-into" and Porter growling away like a.. well a growly man. Growl!

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
anyone know where i can find live text updates? my usual BBC/Eurosport mix isnt playing ball!!!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Is it me or was the ITV4 coverage just dire? No post race interviews, no analysis, no pretty touristy bits like you get with the TdF. And Rob Hayles just sounds suicidal.
it's beyond dire. It just shouldn't be happening. Jill Douglas knows nothing and treats the whole thing like some Wiggo/Cav parade, Hugh Porter rambles, Rob Hayles has the kind of voice that would turn Paradise Lost in to a risk assessment and the other guy is neither here nor there. And there's no timings. It's complete rubbish.

Worse - it was always going to happen - Century TV, who produce this farrago must have seen the complete Horlicks the BBC made of the Olympic Road Race and should have pressed 'panic' - but, no, they hired pretty much the same team, substituting Hayles for Chris Boardman who, one supposes, thought 'never again'.

Her Nibs, who, after all, knows a thing or two, looked at it in amazement and could say no more than 'somebody's going to get sacked for this'.

Top Bottom