Tour of Britain 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thetribe

Über Member
Is there a 'close up' route anywhere yet? I can only see a general overview type map. I'm in Morpeth, so can ride out to wherever I fancy, i guess, within reason :smile:
Only the general as far as I can see and I keep checking for more detail so I know exactly where it's going. Although it looks like they'll be riding along parts of my regular route so I'm guessing I may get better road surfaces to ride on soon. One part of the route is so bad it loosened the nut on my mudguards last week with the vibration.

EDIT: Oh, and the buggers better not ride on my cycle path and steal my KOM :whistle:

Jimidh

Veteran
Looks like I'll have to take the day off for the Edinburgh stage - interested to see a more detailed route to see what climbs they are going to throw in.

Looks like I'll have to take the day off for the Edinburgh stage - interested to see a more detailed route to see what climbs they are going to throw in.
Follows A199 by the looks of till Longniddry, then heads up over the hills over by Gifford. A phew wee nippy braes up there, hopefully I'll find a more detailed plan soon. I fell a wee cough coming on Wednesday 9th September.
quiet.gif

ToBstg4.png

It's a brave route through London this year, mixing all the shopping crowds with a load of people on bikes. Both taking part and spectating.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Definitely Longhill from Buxton. Shorter and sharper than the other way. Can't see it going up the A6 so it must be another route towards Hathersage. Might be the old road to Chapel through Tunstead Milton. Descending Winnats in a peleton will be pretty dangerous.

D

Deleted member 23692

Stage 5 is going past Cumrew! On my regular roads :biggrin: If I ride out to watch them there, I will have loads of time to get up to the top of Hartside for the finish :becool:
The last I heard is that Hartside will be closed to traffic for the best part of the preceeding 24 hours, as will most most roads leading to it - including the one up from Renwick , which is going to be used for a Park and Ride bus from the valley bottom up to the finish line.

I don't think the BW or UCR from Selah Bridge or Gamblesby will be closed although it'll be bedlam.

Top Bottom