Tour of Britain 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigAl68

Über Member
I will be watching on TV this year it seems. I can't complain as I watched one stage end in Bristol and then another start 5 minutes from my front door in Bath. I think it's great to move it up north to be honest.

fimm

Veteran
Will tell my sister-who-lives-in-Northumberland to watch out - I think they'll be coming past where she works.

I'll have to see if I can manage to keep a day's leave and join the throngs on Redstone Rigg (from Edinburgh).

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
How can they call it a Tour of Britain when it doesn't visit the South-West or the South-East outside of London. It should be called the Tour of Northern Britain and the capital.

Yours,
Dee Sgusted and
Miss Inge Point

The last I heard is that Hartside will be closed to traffic for the best part of the preceeding 24 hours, as will most most roads leading to it - including the one up from Renwick , which is going to be used for a Park and Ride bus from the valley bottom up to the finish line.

I don't think the BW or UCR from Selah Bridge or Gamblesby will be closed although it'll be bedlam.
That's nacked my first idea I had planned to push / ride up from five lane ends (depending on weather) but that park and ride sounds nice, if there is somewhere safe to store the bike.

D

Deleted member 23692

That's nacked my first idea I had planned to push / ride up from five lane ends (depending on weather) but that park and ride sounds nice, if there is somewhere safe to store the bike.
From what I understand you'll be able to get up the BW to the White Cottage and then onto Hartside Cafe via the off road coast to coast track. I'll post more factual gen nearer the time ;)

As it's smack in the middle of shooting season I'd expect the estate staff to be out in force to stop folk nobbers tromping all over the surrounding moorland

thetribe

Über Member

Mummy3monkeys

They are starting it off near us, so we will be cycling down to Fakenham to ogle the riders (I mean bikes :wub:) then be chasing them round Norfolk for a bit, it's great as knowing the area, we know where to go, whereas in Yorkshire last year, we were kind of foreigners. Looking forward to it ^_^

From what I understand you'll be able to get up the BW to the White Cottage and then onto Hartside Cafe via the off road coast to coast track. I'll post more factual gen nearer the time ;)

As it's smack in the middle of shooting season I'd expect the estate staff to be out in force to stop folk nobbers tromping all over the surrounding moorland
When I was walking I walked every hill between Castle Carrock and Dufton and right over to Haltwhistle, never got stopped by the keepers, though I met a few of them and the shepherds but there wasn't many of us walking those fells then and I didn't take liberty's.

Dibs

Veteran
Great seeing it come to Scotland after missing last year.

The stage starting from Edinburgh should be good. Annual leave already requested...

Top Bottom