Tour of Britain 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The poor guy's must have been soaked and cold by the end of the stage

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Just saw that myself @Adam4868. I’m planning to go over for the Isle of Wight stage but if it’s called off I guess I can get my yearly ride around the island in so at least the ticket isn’t wasted.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I was going to take my dad to Ferndown on Saturday! Bit gutted!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Me too going to see my dad in verwood!

Still going as he's 85 and will be upset at the queen's passing given his age and a Londoner.

I’m going too…I’m trying to persuade my dad to get an eBike so we are going to rent them together. The plan was that for the morning, lunch at a cafe and then the race.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Oh FFS! Unless there’s an issue with policing, which I seriously doubt, this is completely unnecessary.

I know I’m at the border controls for NACAland here, but this imposed collective performative behaviour really grips my crap. I remember reading this article years ago about “grief policing”. I’m sure we’ll be seeing plenty of it in the next 2 weeks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/01/enter-the-grief-police/424746/

I’ve just let work know that I’ll not be showing up today as a mark of respect. They’ve told me to get my @rse in.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
As squids go this race has been a pretty damp one. A saturated cephalopod. I've watched the highlights and tried to get interested, to no avail.

I was going to post something similar a day or two ago but decided it didn’t add much at the time. I think The IoW stage had the potential to redeem the race though. The terrain would support a meaningful break, the finish has the potential for minor classic status and the visuals of the run along the Military Road would make for some fine television.

Top Bottom