Tour of Britain 'Spoilers'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Me, like many I'm sure, know Pen Y Pass and its big....
Pen Y Pass is 360 m "high" though. Am I missing something or is this it : http://veloviewer.com/segment/1446902/PEN+Y+PASS+-+NANT+PERIS
Max gradient just 6.4 % ...

400bhp

Guru
Pen Y Pass is deceptive though, as the climb starts way before the turn at he bottom of the official hill.

rliu

Veteran
Just wanted to check. Road closures for the race does not mean also closing to cyclists wanting to get onto the route, for spectating, say 20-30 minutes before the pros come through right?

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Just wanted to check. Road closures for the race does not mean also closing to cyclists wanting to get onto the route, for spectating, say 20-30 minutes before the pros come through right?
You should be ok...maybe cutting it a bit fine

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Lols at the robber and policeman...
Yebbut... they almost got in the way on 2nd ascent of Caerphilly... they need to be more Caerphil :thumbsup:

ALSO: Is it me, or do urban bits/finishes in UK have far more 'street furniture' (islands in middle of road, narrower bits to prevent speeding, a plethora of white lines, cats-eyes etc) for riders to deal with?

Old Tom

Yebbut... they almost got in the way on 2nd ascent of Caerphilly... they need to be more Caerphil :thumbsup:

ALSO: Is it me, or do urban bits/finishes in UK have far more 'street furniture' (islands in middle of road, narrower bits to prevent speeding, a plethora of white lines, cats-eyes etc) for riders to deal with?

And without as many stewards/coppers making riders aware of them as well. There was one on today's stage that clearly wasn't in place for the lead group. He got himself there in time for the peloton, but not really in the right place and was stood a good few feet to the wrong side of the traffic island.

Got along to a couple of bits of yesterday's stage (the sprint at Marchwiel before jumping in the car (yeah, yeah, I know but in mitigation I did do a 15-20 mile ride before they showed up at the sprint...) and getting to the top of the first Cat 2 of the day at Bylchau about 10mins before the breakaway!). Grand stuff and absurdly-pleased with myself to have got a photo on my crap mobile of Wiggo and Cav in the same shot just as they hit they summit.

Wiggo's to lose now, do we think? I think today was the today for him to be put under real pressure but watching it naughtily and silently at work Sky looked like they knew what they were doing despite the breaks that occured at the back end of the day.

Noodley

Not any more street furniture than elsewhere, maybe you just watch "certain races" e.g the Tour and miss out the other races throughout the year where riders frequently make contact with "stuff"

VamP

Banned
Not any more street furniture than elsewhere, maybe you just watch "certain races" e.g the Tour and miss out the other races throughout the year where riders frequently make contact with "stuff"

you mean like this?

untitled.png

Top Bottom