Tour of Britain 'Spoilers'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pen Y Pass is 360 m "high" though. Am I missing something or is this it : http://veloviewer.com/segment/1446902/PEN Y PASS - NANT PERIS
Max gradient just 6.4 % ...
The side they went down is steeper and a tougher climb, coming up the other side is relatively easy but there is a steady drag from Capel Curig.

on the road

Über Member
This was my first attempt at panning, it's not as easy as it appears, found it a bit tricky but I started getting the hang of it.

DSC00246a_zps71688af7.jpg

Alessandro Bazzana (Italy)

400bhp

Guru
Martin and Quintana seem to get on really well - almost egging each other on.

I do wonder if they have some kind of wager with each other - whatever, great to see them flying up the steep stuff.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I guess it is all going to come down to Dartmoor... but I'm not sure the final climb is long enough to make enough of a difference. Steep enough to cause some splits of 5-10 seconds or so among the top contenders, but not much more. I guess someone could try to attack on one of the previous climbs, hold the gap and then extend on the final climb, but that's a tough call.

Noodley

Are there not zombies on Dartmoor? That would be interesting...or is it Werewolves?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I seem to remember reading in one of those popular 'unexplained phenomena' magazines when I was a kid about a disembodied 'hairy hand' that attacked people on a particular remote road on Dartmoor. Scared the willies out of me, it did.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think the UCI insisted that the hairy hand was shaved to reduce the effect of road rash.
At least the weather has relented today.

Top Bottom