Tour of Cambridge Gran Fondo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shame about the rider chucking up in the background ;)

I don't really understand the desire for photography at these more extreme events. The more serious riders seem to end up looking basically the same: modern road bike, helmet, glasses, lycra, number on the bike, riding hard on an anonymous road. Except for the number and subtleties of the lycra colours, there seems little to identify you or the ride - most people could easily find a pic of someone else that looks like them. Even on rides that go past recognisable landmarks (even that straight into Pondersbridge might count! But really I'm thinking of an event that passed close to Ely cathedral last year - edit: riding towards the camera at https://goo.gl/maps/htSvfAcnury and turning right, which seemed like an obvious photo op not taken), most of the photos seem not to include them, so why would you buy them?

I can see where you're coming from but is nice just to have a pic or two;some of the others from the TOC were group shots of some of us from the club so they are nice as a memento too.

Actually the only other sportive I bought pics for was the L'etape London last year which were taken on the track around the velodrome at the end;more pic whoring:whistle:.
Velopark pic.JPG

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Now that's a better pic @Elybazza61! I think momentoes should capture something of what made it memorable, not just be a frontal of a rider on an anonymous-looking road.

Last edited:

mustang1

Guru
I've signed up for 2017 and when I asked my mate how many lol attended 206, he told me 7 or 8000.

I too will give everyone a wide berth but hopefully I'll be quite far in front.

Top Bottom