Tour Series - Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Losidan

took the afternoon off work and went over to sesspool to watch the tour series. Pretty good atmosphere when it got going. Very short course of one kilometre with a hairpin and a "chicane". Pancake flat, on the sea front near the pleasure beach. I wont spoil it by giving the result.
I was cheering for Ed Clancy with him being local to me and Malcolm Elliot. Ed being from my neck of the woods and Malcolm, well you just have to admire a guy at 47 who can still cut it at this level
Even the mrs enjoyed it! Mind you it might just of been the super athletes in tight clothing she enjoyed ;)
They started lapping a shade under 1 min 30 and were up to 1 min 10 ;) when they really had the hammer down.
I think the format makes for a great crowd puller personally...you get to see the riders 30+ times steaming round and it really build up through the course of the hour. Cant understand why it fell out of favour so badly when the kellogs series used to run.
Shocking pics but we only had a mobby and most came out complete crap...
Malcom's Elliotts team were riding the most stunning Pinarello's
blackpool1.jpg

blackpool2.jpg

blackpool3.jpg

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I was there as well. The atmos was a bit flat to start with (could have done with a beer tent or two-maybe it was a tuesday night in blackpool thing) but by the last twenty minutes it was definately getting there. Good to see the pros (and semi pros) breathing through the ears!

OP
OP
L

Losidan

Where abouts were you stood? We were at the first corner after the start line..near the tv camera!

Having seen some posts on cyclechat of complaints about traffic disruption in local papers after their rounds was expecting it to be bad...I thought it was all nicely done. Maybe blackpool is a town made for it as they seemed to have roads closed which caused minimal disruption and easy parking near the circuit. I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised

Top Bottom