Track Racing from now to the end of 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Katie! Katie! Katie!
And the other one ;)

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Did I misread that final change - Archibald appeared to swoop down faster than Manon Lloyd and then slow down for the slingshot? Which only got her back up to the speed she had before she slowed down.

Anyhow, that was a success, both for the event and the winning team.

Edit: yes, Lloyd was a little boxed in so Katie got up to speed so she could get into a changeover position in front of wider racers.

Last edited:

oldroadman

Veteran
I'm stunned that the "expert" (retired rider, ex-champion) who is there to correct the Kirby errors, is unable to keep in touch with the rules. Clueless about the new Madison rules, and for this he is doubtless being paid well. Perhaps they need someone there who is actually in touch with things today, not a person who does not appear to have bothered to even look up the rules? BBC seemingly had it right even if the commentary is a bit "straight", but at least they generally get things right.

I'm stunned that the "expert" (retired rider, ex-champion) who is there to correct the Kirby errors, is unable to keep in touch with the rules. Clueless about the new Madison rules, and for this he is doubtless being paid well. Perhaps they need someone there who is actually in touch with things today, not a person who does not appear to have bothered to even look up the rules? BBC seemingly had it right even if the commentary is a bit "straight", but at least they generally get things right.
Thankfully I didnae have to endure Eurosport commentary tonight. Kirby has his place; I recall many months ago stating on the forum that his calling of one particular event was outstanding, I have no recollection what it was but remember thinking "that was an outstanding ride and Kirby made it better". But one out of several thousand attempts is fairly poor.

Jimidh

Veteran
I was there tonight and thought both girls were amazing. Well done ( again ) team GB.

I'm just back from there too - it was an excellent night's racing and the British win in the Madison topped it off.

zizou

Veteran
Was a great evenings racing, more of the same tonight please.

Katie fractured a couple of bones in her wrist in the fall. That they both got up and completed the race, never mind winning it, is pretty remarkable!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Was a great evenings racing, more of the same tonight please.

Katie fractured a couple of bones in her wrist in the fall. That they both got up and completed the race, never mind winning it, is pretty remarkable!
From Twitter

Rocked up to A&E and told them I need a visually impacting treatment to garner as much sympathy as possible. They delivered.

CwkmplaWIAAb2cr.jpg

Top Bottom